News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Plasticville figures.

Started by Warflight, March 14, 2017, 02:50:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warflight

Okay, so, I recently bought a DeWitt Clinton set, factory sealed, but when i got it, I noticed two things... first, the post card for a catalogue was for the 2004 catalogue, and second (and most important) the engineer (I guess "pilot" in those days) was missing!

So, rather than be a bother, I decided to look for a replacement guy in Plasticville (I mean, it's all Bachmann, so why not?) but, I can't seem to find that figure ANYWHERE!

So, I'm wondering, if any of the folks here have a suggestion? Did they ever make those figures separate from the trains? (seems to be the same figure from the Pegasus, and Lafayette, just different colour) or mayhap there is that guy in a set, and I'm just not recognizing him? (I'm horrible with faces, and faces in 1:87 scale, even worse!)

I also have a John Bull, and a Prussia, and those never came with an engineer, so it would be worth my time if there WAS a set that had them...

If nothing else, I can always just modify a figure, but having the right one would be a bit cooler, in my not so humble opinion.

So... thoughts? Opinions?

Warflight

Cool, and I'm probably buying a set regardless, but not quite what I'm looking for.

These are the figures that typically come with the Bachmann Norris, and Dewitt Clintons...

The figure on my "DeWitt Clinton" is actually from my "Pegasus" (because the figure fell off of the "Pegasus", so I attached it to the "DeWitt Clinton")

So they are a bit different, as they are from an earlier period. I know Bachmann still makes them, because they are on the 2017 "DeWitt Clinton" in the catalogue. I think mine either lost the figure during packaging, and it wasn't caught (I know I didn't catch it until after the purchase) or, because mine was from 2004 (judging by the advert for the 2004 catalogue in the box) and maybe they weren't part of the set that year (which, I suppose is possible)

I mean, I'm not too worried about it (I love that little engine! The whole set, really!) I was just hoping for an availability of the individual figures from Bachmann

(Those figures you linked, however, are awesome, and will go GREAT with my new Spectrum 4-4-0!)

Thank you VERY much for the response, though! This is just another reason why I keep coming back for more (I just realized, aside from a few cars, and a station kit a friend gave me, that I still have yet to build, all of my model rail stuff is Bachmann!)

Warflight