News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

The new retooled American 4-4-0

Started by groovy, January 07, 2016, 08:50:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Oles

I had a chance to see these new engines in person over the weekend and I am really impressed!!

Are there plans to release this locomotive with EZ App controls?  Or is it possible that you can make EZ App retrofit kits available?  (Please consider these for G scale, too.)

the Bach-man

Dear Mark,
We do plan to offer EZ App boards in the future.
Glad you're impressed!
Thanks
the Bach-man

railman28

I bought a Texas version.  I am very pleased with it.  The cosmetic upgrade is very nice. Mine runs very well and smooth. No wobbles, no hitches.  It is fast on straight DC but does fine on pulse power. I think (OK hope)it will run better after I have ran it a while. Several of my friends have the DCC version and they report that theirs will craw along fine. I could fine faults with the cosmetics details but these things can be easily changed by the modeler and have a fine running gem of an engine. I thank Bachmann for making the huge investment needed to retool these models. I have one and will buy at least two more.

Bob Harris

NevinW

If they made a run of these lettered for the Virginia and Truckee, I'd buy a bunch and convert the layout to a model of Virginia City.  It wouldn't be too hard as one of my towns I modeled after Gold Hill anyway.  Since these are V&T prototypes it certainly isn't a stretch to see some lettered for the V&T in the future. 

vaderdentist

how do you physically change the whistle designation using the EZ control and a piece of track and the EZ 4-4-0????

Dave

Bucksco

You will need a DCC controller that is capable of changing Configuration Variables in the decoder - EZ Command does not do this.

rogertra

Once again folks, download and install JMRI.

No more messing around with CVs as JMRI already knows them all.

http://jmri.sourceforge.net/download/index.shtml

Cheers

Roger T.

Hunt

Quote from: rogertra on February 16, 2016, 04:03:00 PM

Cheers

Roger T.

The JMRI Decoder Pro cannot be used with the Bachmann E-Z Command Control Center.

rogertra

Quote from: Hunt on February 16, 2016, 05:07:59 PM
Quote from: rogertra on February 16, 2016, 04:03:00 PM

Cheers

Roger T.

The JMRI Decoder Pro cannot be used with the Bachmann E-Z Command Control Center.

That's a pain.  I'd say buy a better DCC throttle. 

Cheers

Roger T.

brokenrail

Cannot be used with Bachmann Dynamis either, even if you get the big money pro box unless there is going to be a updated version that I am not aware of.
Johnny

brokenrail

NYSW 3614,
It is a standard line.If you require a Spectrum voice your opinion on this .Spectrum seems to be disappearing.If you think they should still have this line and you wish to spend more for this then let them know . I am pretty sure if the demand is high enough to do it .It will be done .Then if it is .There should be no complaints over the price for all that detail. There was quite a bit of work done on these getting rid of the motor in the tender and actually shoe horning it all in that boiler.  ;D
Johnny Adam

vanhorn

Will the new retooled American 4-4-0 operate on code 55 flex track? I assume that would be the appropriate size for a prototype of this vintage.

It is good to see a new model of a nineteenth century locomotive. particularly with DCC and sound installed. This period has been neglected by manufacturers and magazines lately. A generic black model would be most welcome.

ACY

I am not familiar with HO code 55 that seems like N scale to me, but I have tried mine on code 100, code 83 and code 70 with no problems.

vanhorn

ACY - Thank you for your prompt reply. Code 70 is probably more practical, and should look realistic enough for all but the best-calibrated eyes.

Micro-Engineering makes code 40 HOn3 flex track, as well as a track gauge and rail for laying your own HO standard gauge code 55 track. My wishful thinking must have filled in the blank with an imaginary code 55 flex track.