News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Thomas & Friends in 2018

Started by TerencetheTractor525, March 26, 2017, 02:15:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chaz

Personally I'm more hopeful for Rusty, but I'm thinking that if there's no new images posted or anything in the catalog that maybe delayed products from last year's announcements could be on display at the Toy Fair like how Rheneas was last year.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

TerencetheTractor525

I was recently thinking about troublesome trucks again. Chaz brought up a good point in that all of the recent troublesome trucks utilize different toolings. However, I think that there are two more toolings that could eventually be used for troublesome trucks in addition to the two ventilated vans and tanker, which are the the mail car (utility wagon), and McColl's Cattle Wagon. All five of those plus the five that are currently in the range would add up to 10 troublesome trucks, which I personally think is an extremely appreciable number to go up to. I know it is pretty crazy to think up to Troublesome Truck #10. However, it is a point that I thought would be appropriate to share, especially since the troublesome trucks sell very well. If this actually happens, it would be interesting to discuss livery and facial expressions another time as well.

On a different note, I too am extremely excited for February 16th, which is when we will see the new announcements as well as possibly see the final images of products announced last year. We are less than three weeks away! As I have stated countless times, I am really hoping for Daisy and/or some new resin buildings; and I am overwhelmingly happy to see that many other people are on the same page as me regarding that  :).
Dreaming of a Bachmann Stepney.

TrainFan97

I'm also hoping for Daisy, and I've stated that countless times too, even more than you. I'm mostly expecting either Ryan, Stanley, or Sidney.

Daisy, Ryan, Sidney, and Stanley seem to be the top four in demand. The demand for Norman just isn't high enough. Same for Porter. Already stated why Norman is a long shot, and Porter's problem is scaling.

Whoever we're getting, only time will tell.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

Trainboy100

If i were apart of bachmann trains i would re-release Gordons express coaches and they would be based off of the cgi series where they would be a little shorter with yellow stripes but there doors could open and close the would also have removable rooves and seats so you could put H.O. scale people inside.

TrainCollector

I'm excited to see what we are gonna get for HO narrow gauge. I wanna get Rusty when he comes out but I'm really hoping for either Peter Sam or Sir Handle to be announced. I'm really excited to see what we're gonna get. As for HO a lot of people have been speculating Ryan, Daisy or Stanley. I wanna see Hiro get released next. But hopefully we get something good. Here's hoping for a good announcement guys.

Kemptown Branch

This is entirely wishful thinking, but I would love to see an ez-app equipped Thomas. I know it probably won't happen, at least for a few years, until they can get the technology to fit in such a small locomotive, but I think it would be really cool and would sell well once it was released.
Bachmann trains are awesome. I hope they come out with Stepney one day.

TrainFan97

We're now officially less than a week away from the 2018 announcements. I'm getting excited, but also nervous. The Bachmann Thomas announcements are such a big deal, especially since they only happen once a year.

Given her high demand, I guess my money's on Daisy.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

TrainshockeylifE

ThomasFan1993

They announced the 2017 range a day before the New York Toy Fair and since the Toy Fair 2018 starts this Saturday (17th), most likely they'll announce the 2018 range this Friday (16th).

TrainCollector

Not to get off topic but what happened to Plow Bender?

Captain Crutch

He's still here, he just hasn't posted in a while. He probably just doesn't feel the need to post anything right now, so he doesn't. But I'll leave it to him to comment on why. Just know he's not gone, not yet atleast.
Formerly HLC Railroad, but now I'm back and better than ever!

TrainCollector

I don't know if you guys realize this but it's been 10 years since Emily got released. I still have the original model of her. She runs beautifully but definitely needs some lubrications

TrainFan97

With only two more days before the announcements, I guess Paxton's image will be revealed in the 2018 catalog.

TerencetheTractor525

Quote from: TrainFan97 on February 14, 2018, 02:11:15 PM
With only two more days before the announcements, I guess Paxton's image will be revealed in the 2018 catalog.

And an illustration that is similar to this will hopefully be right by it  ;).

Also, I thought that it would be appropriate to share this link again  :).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_VG5i27tKM
Dreaming of a Bachmann Stepney.

TrainFan97

TOMORROW will be the moment we've all been waiting for!

Since 'Arry and Bert were announced, the demand for Oliver was higher than ever, and we eventually got him.

Now, the exact same case is with Daisy. When Paxton was announced, demand for Daisy has really grown. Only one more day before we find out whether or not it will be her year. If she doesn't get announced, her demand will be higher than ever. If she does, there will be so much hype, it's unreal. Even if it takes two years to release Daisy, it will be more than worth the wait, like Oliver.

Daisy would be the biggest engine they'd make since Donald and Douglas, but her tooling is much more simple, and she doesn't have siderods. She would be the first large diesel in the Bachmann Thomas range. Even if she's expensive, she will still sell like hot cakes. The price didn't stop the Narrow Gauge models.

My money's on Daisy for tomorrow. If we get someone else, I won't be that disappointed, as long as it's a likeable character.

Fingers crossed
Daisy gets announced.