News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Thomas & Friends in 2018

Started by TerencetheTractor525, March 26, 2017, 02:15:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TerencetheTractor525

Quote from: TrainFan97 on February 15, 2018, 09:33:34 AM
TOMORROW will be the moment we've all been waiting for!

Since 'Arry and Bert were announced, the demand for Oliver was higher than ever, and we eventually got him.

Now, the exact same case is with Daisy. When Paxton was announced, demand for Daisy has really grown. Only one more day before we find out whether or not it will be her year. If she doesn't get announced, her demand will be higher than ever. If she does, there will be so much hype, it's unreal. Even if it takes two years to release Daisy, it will be more than worth the wait, like Oliver.

Daisy would be the biggest engine they'd make since Donald and Douglas, but her tooling is much more simple, and she doesn't have siderods. She would be the first large diesel in the Bachmann Thomas range. Even if she's expensive, she will still sell like hot cakes. The price didn't stop the Narrow Gauge models.

My money's on Daisy for tomorrow. If we get someone else, I won't be that disappointed, as long as it's a likeable character.

Fingers crossed
Daisy gets announced.

Amen.
Dreaming of a Bachmann Stepney.

TrainCollector

Funny thing about the large scale range my parents placed a bet with me. If Edward gets announced in Large Scale I owe both my mom and grandma $10.00. If Mavis or someone else gets announced, my mom and grandma both owe me $10.00. Can't wait for tomorrow!

DrNickRiviera995

Around what time of day Friday should we be looking for information?

TrainFan97

Possibly middle of the day.

One more thing, If Daisy gets announced, people like me can finally shut up about her. She would be a HUGE request out of the way, just like Oliver.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

TrainshockeylifE

thomasgleek444

wait so tomorrow is when new stuff is gonna be announced? i thought it wasnt till sunday or something?

TrainshockeylifE

Metal

Ok guess I'll post my last call.

HO/OO
-Daisy
-Hiro

Not much for the HO/OO Range, but as long as it's something good.

Rolling Stock
-Flatbeds (Reintroduced)
-Conflats(Reintroduced)
-LMS Brake Van

Narrow Gauge
-Peter Sam
Perhaps the highest anticipated NG Engine, while Duncan is my favorite NG character. There's no doubt that Peter Sam has the best CGI render out of all the Narrow Gauge characters, and it would be impressive to see Bachmann pull him off/

Rolling Stock
Skarloey Coaches or Talyllyn Coaches.

That's my list.

Plow_Bender

Quote from: TrainCollector on February 13, 2018, 05:00:48 AM
Not to get off topic but what happened to Plow Bender?

Still around, just been busy with life outside of the Bachmann forum.  Currently getting ready for an upcoming show I'm attending in April and I'm making plans to start my own timbering business come Spring.  I'm still doing large scale projects, but most of my posts lately have been in the Large Scale board.  I haven't done much with any Thomas & Friends projects due to lack of time.  Once you get to be my age work tends to take priority over hobbies.

While I'm on here, I guess I'll take time and throw in my predictions on what this years announcements will be.  I'm not saying I see everything on my list happening, but this is more or less what I feel has a chance at this time.

HO:
Daisy or Sidney (Charlie seems like a likely slap in the face)
Rolling Stock (recolors)
Spiteful Brakevan

Quote from: TrainFan97 on February 15, 2018, 06:44:33 PM
One more thing, If Daisy gets announced, people like me can finally shut up about her.

Yes, please make that happen...

Narrow Gauge:
Peter Sam (seems like he's had the most demand) or Duncan
Tipper Wagons
Coaches (seems like wishful thinking)
Brakevan

Large Scale:
Arry and Bert (inevitable at this point) or Paxton (would be a better choice in my opinion)
Mavis (wishful thinking, but I'd like to see her) or Rosie (I'd take her over Arry and Bert)
Bill and Ben (2 for 1 deal, Bachmann)
Troublesome Truck #3
The Red Coaches
Emily, James, and Toby with DCC Sound
Diesel with DCC Sound
Sound Module for Diesel (amongst other diesel characters that may be announced in the future)

And just real quick on what I see being taken out of the catalogue this year, I'd say Arry and Bert are set to be discontinued in the HO range along with maybe a few older pieces of rolling stock.  Personally I think Bachmann should also consider dropping the Peco wagons in Narrow Gauge considering that they now have the Slate Wagons which are far cheaper.  I'm not really sure the Peco wagons did that great in terms of sales in the first place, but when they were introduced, the range didn't have any other options for rolling stock at the time.  If Bachmann discontinued the Peco stock, I'm sure the Slate Wagons would do for now.

Large Scale may loose Percy (which would make him a set exclusive) or his set may get discontinued considering it's the least popular of the 3 available sets.  Last year Thomas became a set exclusive (with the exception of the DCC version), but Percy on the other hand is kind of iffy being he's not as popular as Thomas.  I'd also say the Tar Tanker, Cream Tanker, and/or the Blue Open Wagon may get dropped considering they're the least popular sellers in the range.  Given the direction the large scale market is going, we may loose far more than that...

-Rusty
"If you can't beat them, hire someone to do it..."

TerencetheTractor525

Since Plow Bender brought up items that may be discontinued, I thought that I should also mention that I think that the HO Switch Tower will be discontinued as well. The first reason is that it is not in the top 10 best-sellers list in the Accessories subcategory. The second reason is that it is $49.00, which is even more expensive than the resin Signal Box, which is $45.00. And, I am sure that we can all agree that the resin Signal Box is much better quality than the plastic Switch Tower.

Speaking of resin buildings, let's not forget the possibility of a new addition or two in tomorrow's announcements either  :).
Dreaming of a Bachmann Stepney.

Plow_Bender

Quote from: TerencetheTractor525 on February 15, 2018, 10:37:01 PM
Since Plow Bender brought up items that may be discontinued, I thought that I should also mention that I think that the HO Switch Tower will be discontinued as well. The first reason is that it is not in the top 10 best-sellers list in the Accessories subcategory. The second reason is that it is $49.00, which is even more expensive than the resin Signal Box, which is $45.00. And, I am sure that we can all agree that the resin Signal Box is much better quality than the plastic Switch Tower.

Speaking of resin buildings, let's not forget the possibility of a new addition or two in tomorrow's announcements either  :).

Not to mention the old Switch Tower is the only building leftover from when Bachmann first introduced buildings into the Thomas & Friends range by redecorating the old Plasticville kits.  Personally I'm surprised it even lasted this long considering it's been some time now since the old buildings were discontinued.  Needless to say, Bachmann has come a long way with their buildings ever since they introduced the resin ones.

-Rusty
"If you can't beat them, hire someone to do it..."

Griffin (TheBlueSnowplow)

Any last minute predictions? I'm not personally having any high hopes...
Check out my Youtube channel below. 
www.youtube.com/thebluesnowplow

TrainshockeylifE

My last minute predictions:
HO Scale:
Daisy or Stepney

Salt wagons and Troublesome Truck #6

Narrow Gauge:
Peter Sam or Sir Handle
Brake vans or coaches

Large Scale:
Edward or Arry And Bert
Red coaches

Cheeky_ULP

Traditionally the announcements are posted in the afternoon, so anyone lurking around right now might be disappointed.

DrNickRiviera995

Looks like the stickied thread from last year's announcements were posted around 11:30 am.  Not sure if that was the day of though, or if the topic was made and stickied a few days after.