News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

H4 2-6-6-2 shell

Started by sedfred, April 01, 2017, 01:13:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sedfred

I forgot to post this but my H4's shell was quite damaged during shipping so i want to replace the shell. But for some reason there isn't an H4 shell in the parts catalog, only the USRA version. My question is why doesn't bachmann have H4 shells? i find that to be a huge oversight on bachmann's part. If i sent it to bachmann could i get the shell replaced?

ACY

Did you try ringing Bachmann?
If not that would be the best way to proceed.

jbrock27

Where did you buy this from?
Keep Calm and Carry On

sedfred

i got it on modeltrainstuff. it was a warehouse find.

sedfred

I really need to get this fixed. I have never been more distraught in my life. I wanted this loco so badly and now it's a ?#@#&*% mess and Bachmann doesn't sell the right shell. Why wouldn't they?

jonathan

This locomotive has been out of production for quite some time. I've been looking for the first run version for ages. They still demand big bucks on eBay.

They have a reputation as great runners. It's no wonder you can't find a shell.

Regards,

Jonathan

sedfred

Um, can somebody please say something helpful already lol

oldline2

YES...............CONTACT BACHMANN AS THEY ARE PROBABLY THE ONLY SOURCE.

sedfred

I did contact them and of course i got a typical cold, corporate response. I just want my f*****g locomotive fixed and the don't even offer a damn shell for it.

tymbomb

So you bought an out of production locomotive that was damaged in shipping from a vendor, and this is Bachamnn's fault?  Manufacturers cannot be expected to maintain parts forever.  Would you complain that your local Chevy dealer doesn't have a fender for a 72 Vette in stock?

Try to fix the shell yourself, or have a parent help you ship it back to the vendor for a refund.

sedfred

No it is not b manns fault. But the funny thing is is that they offer a shell for the old USRA version of the 2-6-6-2 and not the later H4 version. That kinda pisses me off. Im sorry if i sounded kinda rude but i'm in a real bad mood because i have been going through severe anxiety and depression and this little incident really doesn't help. I paid so much money for this thing and then this nonsense happens and Bachmann can't seem to help me or give me a very informative response

Bucksco

Sorry that we do not have the item you need in stock. Unfortunately parts for an item that has been out of production for quite some time will not be restocked until the item is produced again. You might consider returning the defective locomotive to the retailer that you purchased it from for a refund.

jbrock27

Quote from: sedfred on April 03, 2017, 06:25:43 PM
Um, can somebody please say something helpful already
Quote from: sedfred on April 07, 2017, 05:07:04 PM
I did contact them and of course i got a typical cold, corporate response. I just want my f*****g locomotive fixed and the don't even offer a damn shell for it.

You should chill rightsaidfred.  What did you expect?  You bought a Warehouse/Clearance item? ::)  Have some realistic expectations why don't you?  Why do you expect someone else to solve this for you?  This was YOUR choice man....
Keep Calm and Carry On

RAM

Is it damaged to the point that it can not be put back together.

James in FL

I think your energy should shift from despair to acceptable resolution.
It's all a part of the hobby, if it causes you stress, maybe you need to reconsider.
You will learn as you age, that it's not what you don't have, it's making the most of what you do have, and making it work.
Sometimes a bit of modelers' license or compromise must be considered.
Why don't you attempt a repair?
What have you to lose?
I suggest some tissue paper (for you) and a tube of CA (for the lokie).
Stressing and getting all shook up over things, which are uncontrollable by you, is a poor life choice.
Big waste of energy.
Life is too short.
I also think your out of bounds, placing blame on Bachmann, in this instance, they have no fault.

How about showing us a pic?
Maybe some constructive input may be of some help.
I think it's safe to say that most of us here have had a lokie hit the floor, buy accident or reckless driving, or just in a simple mishandling.
We know how to repair a broken shell.
S**t happens.
It's called life experiences.

How bad is it?
We want to know the extent of the damage before offering opinion.
Again, a pic would be very useful.