News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

On30 trolley set reversing problem

Started by Paul Sampson, April 04, 2017, 01:17:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Sampson

Trolley (or any DC Bachmann engine) leaves the house, stops at the far end properly, but refuses to restart in the reverse direction. No visible glitches anywhere. Do I need to replace a circuit board? If so, where is it and how do I proceed? Any other possible troubleshooting suggestions?

Terry Toenges

I had a problem like that one time and I found out that I had one of the track sections in the wrong place. I'm assuming you checked all of those. A to A and B to B.
Feel like a Mogul.

BIG BEAR

Hey Paul,

There is a special piece of track that MUST be on the end of the line. Please also check that as it too will cause that problem.

Enjoy,
  Barry
Barry,

...all the Live long day... If she'd let me.

HockeyStix

I am brand new to train sets. It has been a life long dream of mine to setup a whole town. I finally got one for Christmas. My issue is that the trolley worked a couple of times. I turned up the speed a little and once it got to the bumper end (hit the bumper), it stopped. Now there doesn't seem to be any power getting to the trolley at all. Could something have jarred loose inside the trolley? What are some suggestions to help trouble shoot this? Thanks for the help in advance.

cbrussell

I had the same problem; the trolley would only go one way. One problem is I had mistakenly installed a non reversing piece,of EZ-Track and the other problem was one of the sections was not properly aligned/connected - the end was not inserted into the splice. Hope this helps.

Tom_C

Quote from: HockeyStix on December 25, 2017, 04:51:04 PM
I am brand new to train sets. It has been a life long dream of mine to setup a whole town. I finally got one for Christmas. My issue is that the trolley worked a couple of times. I turned up the speed a little and once it got to the bumper end (hit the bumper), it stopped. Now there doesn't seem to be any power getting to the trolley at all. Could something have jarred loose inside the trolley? What are some suggestions to help trouble shoot this? Thanks for the help in advance.

It sounds like you have one of the older mechanical trolleys that actually had to hit the bumper to change direction, is that correct?

The Trolley being discussed in this thread is electrically controlled.  It sounds like your trolley probably has a broken wire or the switch in the trolley is defective.