Bachmann, what triggers the auto reversing track. Ready to buy it.

Started by kmcsjr, April 04, 2017, 05:27:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kmcsjr

Bachmann,
Hi. Does the direction reverse when the whole train leaves the auto reversing track, or when the first metal wheels leave, or..?
Does it need any minimum voltage? Hoping I can have the trolley, or train creep along. This are my remaining question, before buying.

ACY

The mechanism is in the little building included in the set, just mentioning this because some novices may not be aware the track alone cannot work without the mechanism in the building.
As far as your questions hopefully someone here can help you out. But I think there would be some sort of minimum voltage requirement.

Hunt

kmcsjr,

If you are thinking about Nickel Silver E-Z Track Auto-Reversing System - N Scale – Item No. 44847 then there is not a "little building" (as ACY calls it) involved, that is a different set.

For Item No. 44847 the reversing electronics are in the variable Speed Controller included with the set. Reversing is triggered when the frist metal wheel crosses the activation part of the "A/B" track piece. Refer to instructions for track type identification and placement.

Click Here for track assembly instructions.

kmcsjr

Perfect! That's the answer. I had the instructions and they had a single 5" length at each end. I was thinking of switching from trolleys to a multi at commuter train, so it the powered unit had to cross the line, it wouldn't work. 1st metal wheel works. Excellent.

ACY

Quote from: Hunt on April 04, 2017, 08:45:25 PM
If you are thinking about Nickel Silver E-Z Track Auto-Reversing System - N Scale – Item No. 44847 then there is not a "little building" (as ACY calls it) involved, that is a different set.
Thanks Hunt I was unaware Item #44847 existed. I was only aware of the mechanism used in the HO and On30 sets.