News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

High-pitched Humming!!!!

Started by genetk44, April 06, 2017, 02:29:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

genetk44

Just got the EZ-app controlled GP. Everything seems straight-forward...learning-curve took 30-seconds. Loco seems to respond well, was able to give the loco its own cab-number. Two issues....the loco has a wickedly bad high-pitched hum that icreases as you throttle up. It almost overpowers the sounds...and its not the usual Bachmann hum one comes across on some locos....its much higher-pitched. Just as an aside I have numerous Bachmann locos, mostly the DCC factory-sound equipped ones but a few Dc ones that I have added decoders to...so I am very familiar with Bachmann products.

So any other EZ-app users run across this loud high-pitched hum issue before.???

Bucksco

When you open the app go to the home landing page where the locos are listed in roster form. If there is a yellow exclamation point next to the loco name you should update the firmware in the Bluetooth chip. Just click on the exclamation point and the app will walk you through the process. Your device will need to be connected to the web to do this. An update was done to eliminate the hum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jH_oou_0NH8