Posting Photos Using Photobucket

Started by Len, May 10, 2015, 01:39:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Len

This comes up so often, a quick tutorial is in order. This is for Windows users, but it should be similar for Mac & Linux folks.

First, if you don't have one already, create a Photobucket account at photobucket.com, then upload your pictures. You can create albums to keep pictures of different things sorted out.

Open a new tab, and go to the Bachmann forum and start your post.

Go back to the Photobuck tab, and click on the picture you want to include your post. You should get something like this:

Click on the "Direct" link,  circled in red in the picture above for clarity. This copies the link to the picture to your computers 'clipboard'.

Go to the tab with your Bachmann forum post.

Click on 'insert image' icon, just below the 'I' for italics, to insert 'img' tags. The cursor will be blinking between the start and end tags.

Do a [Ctrl]-V, or use the browser 'Edit'/'Paste' function, to insert the Photobucket link in your post.

Click on the post "Preview" button to verify the picture shows up okay.

You should get just the picture, similar to this:

Add whatever text is desired before or after the picture.

Multiple pictures can be added to a post the same way. It's best to include at least one blank line between images though.

If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

richardl

Very nice.

I have been using Photo Bucket for a few years and it can help solve issues much easier. A picture is worth a thousand words.

You Tube is very good for videos users make. That takes more work to produce a good video of a DCC conversion, layout construction, etc.

I use Linux Mint OS with no issues. Same with my iPad.

Determine what you want for albums as it is easy to forget exactly where a photo is. Just don't move a photo to another album. It will disappear in the forum you posted it.

richardl

Here is a good example of how a picture is worth a thousand words Just posted today.

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,30162.0.html

Rich