Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

looking for best buy Ely-Thomas log car

Started by shayman, December 02, 2007, 02:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shayman

:D :D :D
Hi
   I am looking to fine if you know were I could get the best deal or supplier's here on the East Coast a Hartford kit K-13-S, Ely Thomas log car kit. I know about Caboose Hobbies and have had the fun being in their store many times, when my son was living out there.
   I do not have Large scale layout but enjoy what I see from the work that You all do.
   You know how fixed income is. So I work in On30, and have finally got my logging line started.
   Any help would be greatly appreciated or suggestions.
   Happy railroading and may you fine that special train under the tree this year.
   Thanks
  Carl  (shayman)

Logging up Deep Creek

altterrain

Its not appropriate to ask where to buy non Bachmann products here. There are plenty of other fora to do that like - MLS, LSC, LSOL, and GR.

-Brian
President of

shayman

Hi  Brian
   Sorry you feel that way. Let me say this though. All the G scale that I have is Bachmann, except one Porter LGB engine that was a gift.
    At one time there was to be a garden railroad, but that was not to be.
    I am not going into what I have but I am sure that the Bachmann would be very happy with the money that I have spent over the years purchasing their fine products.
     I happen to enjoy logging and have collected shays from them in all scales and right now working getting a large scale 3 truck shay to place on display in my Home. This a long with all the On30 equipment. Which when the On30 layout I am now working on, which will be most likely 98%  Bachmann rolling stock and right now 100% engines.
     Like I said I just looking for help if any of the fine modelers new of a place out there could help. Right now $100 is hard to spend for a one car on fixed income when the railroad has so many projects going on. If I could not locate a better price, the car will just have to wait longer, maybe to next Christmas to be here under the tree.
     Again if I upset you, I am sorry, that I did.
Happy railroading
shayman
Logging up Deep Creek

Jon D. Miller

Shayman,

This is too easy.  The answer is build them! :o  It's being done every day. 8)

JD
Poster Child (unofficial & uncompensated)

shayman

Hi J D
Yes I will most likely look into altering one of my Bachmann log cars to look like the Ely Thomas car. When you come into my home the frist thing you would is two large scale shays on display. With the shay model done so good by Bachmann I wanted the car to look as good to go with each other.
  Thanks again J D
   Shayman
Logging up Deep Creek