Bachmann H.O. F7A, with sound, in "Canadian Pacific" block lettering.

Started by rogertra, April 16, 2017, 04:20:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogertra

I don't think the F7A, with sound,  is available in "Canadian Pacific" block lettering, could someone please confirm?

I have two in early CNR colours but would like to switch the bodies to early Canadian Pacific as that better suits my operation procedures.

Cheers

Roger T.

dutchbuilder

jonathan

I was surprised when the sound value F7A came out, that not all roadnames were available.

I have a feeling, thought, that the other liveries will be available as some point.  Here's hoping...

Regards,

Jonathan

ACY

Quote from: rogertra on April 16, 2017, 07:01:19 PM
Not that simple, requires a complete repaint.
Well that really isn't that bad, people have gotten to used to everything being "RTR" that they lost sight of what model railroading was really about. Jonathan for instance always seems to add his own personal touch to everything, sure he can just take something out of the box and throw it on the track but I think he gets a lot more gratification having detailed and weathered all of his locomotives and making the extra effort so to speak to make them really stand out.
At any rate, if Bachmann made it in the livery you seek sometime in the past then it should not be too hard to swap shells, otherwise looks like you get to repaint your locomotive. Good luck either way

rogertra

Quote from: ACY on April 16, 2017, 07:51:56 PM

Quote from: rogertra on April 16, 2017, 07:01:19 PM
Not that simple, requires a complete repaint.

Well that really isn't that bad, people have gotten to used to everything being "RTR" that they lost sight of what model railroading was really about. Jonathan for instance always seems to add his own personal touch to everything, sure he can just take something out of the box and throw it on the track but I think he gets a lot more gratification having detailed and weathered all of his locomotives and making the extra effort so to speak to make them really stand out.

At any rate, if Bachmann made it in the livery you seek sometime in the past then it should not be too hard to swap shells, otherwise looks like you get to repaint your locomotive. Good luck either way

Repainting in a multi-colour paint scheme, like CPR's maroon and grey with yellow striping is a major task.  Quite beyond the tasks of my eyesight.

If you look at the links in my signature, you'll see I'm not adverse to kitbashing steam and modifying and detailing diesels.  In fact, I do not think there's a single locomotive, steam or diesel, that hasn't had added details, re-decaled or kitbashing done to it.  And that goes to all my passenger cars and the RDCs. Nothing goes on the GER without weathering.  That goes for road vehicles and buildings.  My goal is realism.  I want people to look at the GER and think it's a real railway.   Even some diesels get kitbashed.  For example,  my three RS-18s started of a American RS-11s.  Number four arrived in the mail on Thursday but this is an NYC RS-11 and may remain so for use on the daily NYC transfer.

So you see, I'm not an "out of the box" modeller.  Far from it.  Heck, even most of the building kits on the railway are kitbashes.  :)

My plan was to rebody the CNR units with CPR bodies for use on the Montreal Halifax through freight.

Ah well, they may be repainted and become GER F units.

Cheers.

Roger T.

James in FL

Quotelike CPR's maroon and grey with yellow striping is a major task. 

QuoteSo you see, I'm not an "out of the box" modeller.  Far from it.

Looks like you are now if this statement is correct;
QuoteQuite beyond the tasks of my eyesight.

Maroon and grey paint with a yellow decal stripe does not look difficult... but if you can't see it...
You have become an out of the box modeler.

It's the reason your looking for a RTR shell.

rogertra

Quote from: James in FL on April 17, 2017, 07:40:34 PM
Quotelike CPR's maroon and grey with yellow striping is a major task. 

QuoteSo you see, I'm not an "out of the box" modeller.  Far from it.

Looks like you are now if this statement is correct;
QuoteQuite beyond the tasks of my eyesight.

Maroon and grey paint with a yellow decal stripe does not look difficult... but if you can't see it...
You have become an out of the box modeler.

It's the reason your looking for a RTR shell.

Not quite.  Bachmann diesels still need details added, in the case of the F7,  Nathan three chime air horns and a bell on the cab roof, possibly winterisation hatches over the fan, m.u. hoses, cab wind defectors, back up light and other grab irons and then some weathering.   So no, I'm not not an "out of the box" modeller, never have been, even as a teen and never will be.  :)

Cheers

Roger T.

James in FL

QuoteSo no, I'm not not an "out of the box" modeller, never have been, even as a teen and never will be.  Smiley

You only need to convince yourself.

A simple strip and repaint of two colors would seem to me to be much easier than the placement of grab holes and MU hoses which IMO require a much more precise application (placement).
The paint could be easily spray bombed.
The yellow stripe decal hides the edge (leak) from the maroon to the grey.
Can you tape a straight line?
Hold a decal parallel?
Just as well, if you can't,
Buy RTR, no fault there.

We are all getting older.
Vision is but one thing that doesn't work as new.

rogertra

Quote from: James in FL on April 17, 2017, 08:35:39 PM
QuoteSo no, I'm not not an "out of the box" modeller, never have been, even as a teen and never will be.  Smiley

You only need to convince yourself.

A simple strip and repaint of two colors would seem to me to be much easier than the placement of grab holes and MU hoses which IMO require a much more precise application (placement).
The paint could be easily spray bombed.
The yellow stripe decal hides the edge (leak) from the maroon to the grey.
Can you tape a straight line?
Hold a decal parallel?
Just as well, if you can't,
Buy RTR, no fault there.

We are all getting older.
Vision is but one thing that doesn't work as new.

You are probably correct.  Adding details more difficult than repainting.

However, I'm currently undergoing treatment that involves monthly injection into my eye, I only have one.  After the next one, the last one scheduled, if my eyesight doesn't improve or there is no chance of it improving, then it'll be time to give up the hobby altogether.  :(

Cheers

Roger T.

Trainman203

Roger T says:  then it'll be time to give up the hobby altogether.

PF:  when you do, you can sell me that center headlight Bachmann mogul! 😂

rogertra

Quote from: Trainman203 on April 22, 2017, 03:51:57 PM
Roger T says:  then it'll be time to give up the hobby altogether.

PF:  when you do, you can sell me that center headlight Bachmann mogul! 😂

If that sad day does come, I have two of them.  It was an easy kitbash BTW.

And all locos will be listed here as well as other outlets.

Roger T.

jbrock27

Keep Calm and Carry On