Bachmann DMIR 2-8-0 video

Started by RGW, April 17, 2017, 07:03:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RGW

I finish my DMIR caboose so I shot a short video with my Modified DMIR 2-8-0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEANgcDTBqs

James in FL

Looks good RGW!
Nice paint and decals on that MT caboose.
What couplers are you using between the Atlas ore cars, or are you using drawbars?
Can't tell from the vid.

RGW

mixture of Mts and accumate. They both work good for me . I do cut off the the trip wires.

James in FL

Thanks,
I have about 20 of those ore cars for a someday train painted and decaled into a fictional road.
Have not yet decided which way I'm going with the trucks/wheels sets and couplers.

RGW

I have about 30 Minnesota smelting cars ( Atlas made up name ) on my freelance road. the fit nicely because I model southern  Minnesota.

spookshow

Quote from: RGW on April 17, 2017, 08:42:11 PM
I model southern  Minnesota.

Hey, me too! What part are you modeling?

-Mark

RGW

The Milwaukee Road road line  from  Le crescent west. With some made up details 

spookshow

Cool. Follow that west to Albert Lea and you're in my territory  ;D

Cheers,
-Mark

jonathan

Albert Lea!  This is weird.  Ever heard of Spring Valley?

Regards,

Jonathan

spookshow

Can't say that I have, but I can see it on a map  ;D

My layout primarily consists of the town of Hope, but also incorporates elements of Waseca, New Richland and Albert Lea.

-Mark

RGW

So you are modeling The rock island , CNW, or  UP in hope & Albert Lea

In waseca ,New richland, Albert Lea    M&SL or CNW or DME       Today  It is gone south of heartland .

There was some low grade iron ore around SE Minnesota on the CGW but it was gone by the late 60s.

My freelance line has ownership of the Milw line west of Le Cresent to S Dakota  and the line North of  Wells to Mankato.    Here is  the story behind  my layout   Milw sold these lines  during the 30s when it was short on money ,but has trackage rights, The M&W hauls ore out of SE MN  to the east and to MN smelting in Mankato. M&W like steam . I try to be prototypical with my Milw power but run what I like for the M&W , but do keep things in the right era.

RGPerkins

I am from Illinois, but transplanted to Minnesota in 1975 then uprooted in 2005 and replanted in Illinois.
I like the Bachmann Spectrum 2-8-0, thus I already watched this video on YouTube.
I have two of these 2-8-0s that I hired installation of dcc with sound.
They are two of my favorite locomotives and typical of the steam locomotives used by B&O on
the Beardstown to Shawneetown, Illinois branch line.

Seeing the familiar names of various towns in Minnesota brought back fond memories.
We passed through Spring Valley many times traveling from Rochester to Iowa.

I hope the new 2-8-0 with dcc and sound is available soon.

SpookShow, where is Hope in relation to Albert Lea?

spookshow

Hope is on 35W between Owatonna and Albert Lea - 50-some miles south of the Twin Cities on the UP (nee C&NW, nee CRI&P) Spine Line to Kansas City.

I have a couple of massive fudges on my layout where the UP track becomes DM&E track in Owatonna and Albert Lea (gotta be able to round-round, lol).

-Mark

jonathan

Hope you'll forgive my butting in, but the thread has got me going.

We moved back to Minnesota (Spring Valley) in the 70's, on 30 acres that contained the remains of a low grade iron ore strip mine.

Right through the middle of town was a single set of tracks, running east/west. By then, trains had quit running, but the tracks, crossings, railroad structures, and some old rusted out hulks were still visible through town and countryside.

Now, all that's gone.  You'd never know a real railroad used to operate there.

My mother grew up in Laverne, near the western state line.  I have many fond memories of the sites running along I-90 and I-35.  Plenty of scenery inspiration for a model railroad.  Thanks guys...

BTW, I always thought Owatonna was one of the most beautiful smalls towns anywhere.

Regards,

Jonathan