News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

S4 #63112 PRR 8490

Started by isoc, May 01, 2017, 03:29:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

isoc

Ok, now I have a DCC with onboard sound S4.  I have a NCE Power Cab starter for my controller.  No problem getting the locomotive to run, turn on and off lights, and sound the horn.  I thought I had a bell sound, too, but this evening I don't so maybe I imagined it earlier?

That said, I would like to reduce the volume using the CV function, but there seems to be sparse or no information on how to do that either in the Power Cab manual or with the S4.

Any suggestions?  Since I have blocks left over from DC, I can turn off the block (and sound of the idling locomotive) but I am curious as to what CV value to change, or if there is a mute function somewhere.

A few bumps along the way getting three locomotives programmed and working, but so far so good.

- Ted

ACY

I think function 8 is mute. You should have something listing a few of the basic CVs for the decoder, but if not it can be found online on the Bachmann website. I don't know the CV offhand.

genetk44

I believe CV128 is the master sound control...0 is mute and 225 is full volume...so if you use the NCE program track mode it should show you what value CV128 is set at, remember that number and then rduce it until the sound is at a volume that you prefer.

isoc