News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DCC multi train train running question.

Started by RGW, May 06, 2017, 06:03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RGW

With switching back to HO I want to be able run two switch engines at the same time.So it is time to go DCC. And the ease of wiring.  I do not want to sell the farm on starting , so can I get 2 of the bachmann ez commoand controllers and hook them both up to the tracks and run both engines at the same time ( two man operation ) obviously  each controller and engine would have a different address. Would there be some problems interference.  Do I need power boosters.  The planned layout is a self type about 20 feet long.

Nathan

One EZ-Command will run multiple trains.  The same for other low cost systems.

You might read a little about DCC, a good place to start is:

http://www.dccwiki.com/Main_Page

Nathan

RGW

Thanks. My  plan would not work using two ez command controllers. Is it possible to control 2 individual locomotives independentla using the basic ez command station?

ACY

Quote from: RGW on May 06, 2017, 08:32:48 PM
Thanks. My  plan would not work using two ez command controllers. Is it possible to control 2 individual locomotives independentla using the basic ez command station?
Never connect two DCC systems at the same time just as a reminder. You can run 2 independently but you would have to switch back and forth between addresses.