News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Journey Beyond Sodor thread

Started by TrainFan97, May 12, 2017, 05:17:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JLK2707

Yeah, but I wonder why they would. Also, why do you think that Jam filled productions chose to modify the vent vans into inaccurate salt wagons rather than basing them off the proper model salt vans?

AJW98Productions

Quote from: JLK2707 on August 01, 2017, 03:15:42 AM
Also, why do you think that Jam filled productions chose to modify the vent vans into inaccurate salt wagons rather than basing them off the proper model salt vans?
I would assume modifying a pre-existing Vent Van render, would cost less money than building an accurate Salt Van render from scratch. I also imagine this modification would take significantly less time than building an entirely new render from scratch.

As much as it's unfortunate about that...I must add that the Thomas franchise isn't new to poorly scaled wagons. Anyone remember the "laughing van" in "A Close Shave"? :D

~Alex

JLK2707

Titanic5972

Well I've just watched Journey Beyond Sodor. The engines look ridiculous bouncing all over the place while they talk and sing. Absolutely stupid.

donaldthescottishtwin

Quote from: Titanic5972 on August 09, 2017, 05:08:34 AM
Well I've just watched Journey Beyond Sodor. The engines look ridiculous bouncing all over the place while they talk and sing. Absolutely stupid.

All this. Soon as I saw James bouncing while singing I switched off. This is ridiculous this ain't Chuggington.

JLK2707

Yeah. The salt vans were poorly designed! :o

MeganekkoFury1126

Gotta love how all these complaints don't affect the special's overall quality at all.  ::)

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: MeganekkoFury1126 on August 09, 2017, 10:34:46 AM
Gotta love how all these complaints don't affect the special's overall quality at all.  ::)
Visuals are very much a part of the quality of a movie.

TerencetheTractor525

Hi all. I wanted to apologize for posting those crazy predictions regarding Boco and Sixteen that were clearly not true. I feel guilty as it may gotten many of you excited. After all, it would have been nice to see Sixteen in this special as the Steelworks played a major role. However, there ended up being no sign of him. With that said, I do want to share my overall opinion of the special. The overall plot was intriguing as it felt a lot shorter than 70 minutes. The Troublesome Trucks were hilarious and the songs were catchy. The only two things that bothered me were the excessive bouncing (which has already been mentioned a thousand times), and the amount of times there were "sudden point switches". This is one aspect of the CGI Series in general that bothers me and it has been seen way too many times. Overall, I think that this special was better than The Great Race. However, Sodor's Legend of the Lost Treasure still stands at the top of my list.
Dreaming of a Bachmann Stepney.

MeganekkoFury1126

Quote from: Sparks on August 09, 2017, 10:38:43 AM
Quote from: MeganekkoFury1126 on August 09, 2017, 10:34:46 AM
Visuals are very much a part of the quality of a movie.
That I can understand, but it's not the absolute most important part.

I mean, the Great Race had better visuals, but a lousily executed story with too much filler and wasted potential.

Journey Beyond Sodor has a far better focused story with great characters, albeit with somewhat uncanny animation.

I agree that Lost Treasure is, in my opinion, still the overall best feature, but this is better than the Great Race by a landslide.

TrainFan97

There ended up being no sign of BoCo in this special, which was disappointing, but I never believed he was returning there.

BoCo may not have returned in this special, but it's still possible in Season 21, since we know Terence is returning. The first time returnee characters are PROPERLY re-introduced in a season since Season 18. I've waited YEARS for BoCo, but there's still no sign of him.

George the steamroller would also make a great returnee. He hasn't appeared since The Great Discovery, and hasn't spoke since Season 5. BoCo hasn't appeared at all since Season 5.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

thomasj219

Thomas fans seem to really like to complain. I thought this special was wonderful. I honestly didn't mind them bouncing around. It added more personality to them, and it wasn't too ridiculous, they only used it a lot in the songs. Which I'm ok with.

The story was great, had great messages. The script was clever and funny, and the songs were actually good. I loved the role the trucks played and the fact that the plots are becoming more varied.

It's honestly the most I've enjoyed a Thomas film since Magic Railroad.

And not for nothing, do you remember this time back in 2010, 2011?

We would have killed for something like this. I for one have no problem accepting a few cartoony elements if the story and characters continue to move in the direction they seem to be.

Pick your battles folks. And know which ones are solely your egos.... ::)

All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.