News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann Thomas Modifications

Started by Griffin (TheBlueSnowplow), May 17, 2017, 08:23:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffin (TheBlueSnowplow)

So I know I talked about creating this thread a while ago, but I was a bit apprehensive as the response to the idea was not overwhelming. Anyway, I think it's a good thread to create as ideas, tips, and techniques for improving the Bachmann models can be shared. I'll go ahead and list the mods I've made to my own models.

Thomas- CGI face (Wooden Railway), red undercarriage, space between splasher and side tanks filled in with black, connecting rod bolts painted blue, space between cab door and running board filled in with black

Percy- Open cab, open cab windows (front only), planning to give him a CG face (Wooden Railway), bunker painted black, connecting rod bolts painted green, red undercarriage, planning to cut his oversized chassis and bunker, and cut rear windows

James- CG face (Trackmaster, planning on replacing it with a Ringing in Tekero face as it's far more accurate and the correct size), completely open cab, black connecting rod bolts, wheels, smokebox, and axleboxes painted black (but need to repaint!!)

Gordon- CG face (Plarail), no other mods currently. But he does need new trailing wheels- hoping to purchase those sometime soon.

Duck- Black running board, CG face (Wooden railway- needs mods as it doesn't fit correctly), black connecting rod bolts

Oliver- No mods currently

Edward- CG face (Wooden railway, its a bit small but personally I think it looks charming), blue connecting rod bolts, no other mods.

Donald- No mods currently.

Annie and Clarabel- CG faces (printouts, but the color and design actually go very well with the base models), black undercarriages, dark grey roofs

Henrietta- CG face (printout for the time being)

Toby- CG face (planning on using a Take n Play or Wooden Railway face), roof painted grey, planning on giving him an open cab

I'm going to upload some pictures to photo bucket whenever I get the time and you all can go have a look. I'll paste the link here as an update whenever that happens. I'm curious to hear your thoughts as well as any other mods you might have made to your engines.
Check out my Youtube channel below. 
www.youtube.com/thebluesnowplow

sean1994rail

For your bachmann Henrietta, you can always use the face from her 'Adventures' model, like I am planning to do.

Titanic5972

Can I ask what you mean by "undercarriage" on Thomas and Percu and why you would paint them red?

It's the underside of the running board- and actually, if you take a look at an ortho of Thomas's and Percy's CG models, you'll see that this part is in fact red. Sorry, I might have a few of the terms mixed up. Hopefully you all can guess what I mean :P

Titanic5972

Oh right. Sorry I'm English and it's called the running board by us.

Disappointing to see this never took off. People are happy to complain endlessly about Bachmann but when it comes to doing something about it yourself, everyone disappears. Sad...

Titanic5972

Maybe it's more the fact that, although people moan, they are actually happy to live with the faults.

TheWinnerGuyCJP