question for the YARDMASTER RE NEW STEAM POLL FROM JAPANESE MFG

Started by kewatin, May 18, 2017, 12:15:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kewatin

Dear sir, been a loyal&strong supporter of BACHMANN PRODUCTS &forum member for yrs. iam asking you are you aware ,that a rival mfg from japan has a new what do you want in a new steam engine poll .it is generating a lot of we wants. interestingly ,myself and others have been asking for a re release of your fantastic mountain loco along with a n scale version of your HO MIKADO, .there is also a lot of appetite for a hudson loco.  i don't hold much hope in there new release as they seem to only do western roads . i can't thank BACHMAN enough for all the steam for eastern roads that they do.maybe we will have a new surprise at this yrs NMRA CONVENTION.anyway any manufacturer should have a look at the other 2 excellent forums RAILWIRE &TRAINBOARD to see the poll results from the model rail community.perhaps you have already done this and if so kudos to BACHMANN.thank you again for all your support to n scale with all your steam locos release past&future. my personal request would be a 4-8-4 GTW NORTHERN ,but don't think i will live long enough to see one at 77,but here's hoping  regards&later KEWATIN

kewatin

looks like the leading winner by a large vote is the DREYFUS HUDSON. not really of interest to me as so few roads used them.main user was the N.Y.C which they used to haul their top name trains like the 20th century etc. hudson locomotives were used mostly on level terain and their pulling power diminished greatly on anything with hills.would i like to see a hudson loco ,of course ,but not a dreyfus streamliner.also i can't see KATO making one as they usually stick with western roads.this could also be hype on their part to see what the market place is looking for.also i am sure one wouldn't see this for another 3 yrs.i will take my chances on BACHMANN to re release their heavy mtn again as so many have been asking for it.you can't even find them for sale ,and if one is available they go for a premium price.
regards&later KEWATIN

kmcsjr

Quote from: kewatin on May 19, 2017, 09:23:19 PM
looks like the leading winner by a large vote is the DREYFUS HUDSON. not really of interest to me as so few roads used them.main user was the N.Y.C which they used to haul their top name trains like the 20th century etc. hudson locomotives were used mostly on level terain and their pulling power diminished greatly on anything with hills.would i like to see a hudson loco ,of course ,but not a dreyfus streamliner.also i can't see KATO making one as they usually stick with western roads.this could also be hype on their part to see what the market place is looking for.also i am sure one wouldn't see this for another 3 yrs.i will take my chances on BACHMANN to re release their heavy mtn again as so many have been asking for it.you can't even find them for sale ,and if one is available they go for a premium price.
regards&later KEWATIN

I just put a new decoder, in my Bmann Heavy Mountain. It runs every bit as good as ANY (and I have about 30) N steam loco, I own. Not even a growl. C'mon Bman! A little attention to the decoder (good BEMF really helps) and you could own US prototype steam. In the words of Roy Schneider "you can do it!"