News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Kitbash 0-6-0

Started by RGW, May 21, 2017, 12:12:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RGW

I just switched from N to HO scale and am building a switching layout based in the Twin cities ( MN ) in the mid fifties. I pick up a used Bachmann 0-6-0 with full valve gear and started sanding off the boiler piping and added wire to it. This engine really runs nice and with some added details is a great value.

I have since got a used DCC 0-6-0 and am going to mount my modified boiler to it and now have a spectrum tender that I will wire to the engine. This newer DCC mech also runs very good.

** side point, do not switch the gear cover screws on the older plastic axle sleeve 0-6-0. The longer front screw will go into the intermediate gear and  distort it. Guess how I know?

I will post photos when I am done with this engine. Maybe a video when I have track to run it on.

jonathan

Looking forward to it.  I have 5 of those little engines and have enjoyed tinkering with them.

Regards,

jonathan

RGW

Here is My weathered and detailed Bachmann USRA 0-6-0 with DCC. The wires out the back will connect to this tender when I add contact trucks.

Progressive rail is a newer railroad serving the twin cities  and south to Northfield ( MN ) on some former MNS trackage and now have added other lines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNO4-skpOsg

jonathan

Nice progress. I like what you've done so far.

Let me know when you have trackage rights all the way to Rochester. I'll stop by.  ;D

Regards,

Jonathan