News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

product questions

Started by leftyfretguy, February 16, 2007, 06:46:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leftyfretguy

HI,
I just joined because i have this question that I need to ask.  First let me say that I really like bachmann g gauge products, they are my style of railroading (narrow gauge steam) and they fit my price range.
Now, I am an eastern boy and dearly love the East Broad Top and I'm glad to see even more rolling stock coming out with the E.B.T. logo on it, but why don't we have something to pull it with?  I know this has been brought up before.  And I'm not complaining about it, I'm really just curious.  I would think there has to be a demand for it since more and more rolling stock is being released...  Does Bachmann have some way of determining what to make next?  Would a petition help?  If say 100+(just a random number) people said they wanted one or two E.B.T. mikados would that influence anything.
I know that someone is making a 14 and 15 in brass but I am NOT paying that much unless it is live steam!
Just curious and anxiously waiting....
Matt

the Bach-man

Dear Matt,
I'm a big EBT fan too- no petition is needed- I'll keep pushing!
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Matthew (OV)

Finding 100 people would be easy.  Several of the "regulars" here have been lobbying for some time for an EBT mike ... and have hoped for some time that it might be following the "locomotive that must not be named" that's coming later this year.

A campaign to provide photos, drawings, slogans, examples, and historic justification is already underway.  When Kevin and Lee see your post, I'm quite certain that they'll get your "I Like Mike" membership kit right out to you, and you can join the "Millie Man March" on Philladelphia.

Welcome aboard ...

Matthew (OV)

Lee Carlson

Welcome to the club, Matt.  We're hoping that we'll be seeing an EBT Mike very shortly.  On largescalecentral.com, Bob McCown was letting members know about castings being made for us to model an EBT outside-braced steel boxcar.  One of the unique freight car types that operate on the EBT.

Keep on plugging!

Lee Carlson
Lee Carlson
President,
NYS&W -- Niantic, Yantic, Scantic & Willimantic Traction Co.

Lee Carlson

Here's a link to a photo of one of the outside-braced boxcars still
operable on the EBT, this one as a boxcar.  Another is in the restoration process, by FEBT.

http://www.spikesys.com/Bin/EBT/rcs_03.jpg

And one of the steel cars converted to passenger service.  Another
is in the process now by FEBT.

http://www.spikesys.com/Bin/EBT/17507.jpg

Lee Carlson
Lee Carlson
President,
NYS&W -- Niantic, Yantic, Scantic & Willimantic Traction Co.

glennk28

There IS a large scale EBT Mike coming from Rich Yoder models--I saw and actually touched it at the Durango Convention.   (No--I do not plan to convert one to a Pacific as I did in On3)

Kevin Strong

Quote from: glennk28 on February 19, 2007, 08:44:57 PM
There IS a large scale EBT Mike coming from Rich Yoder models...

Yep, there is. Yours for $3,000. Not in my budget at the moment, so I continue to apply subtle pressure for an inexpensive plastic version.

Later,

K

Loco Bill Canelos

Hi. Matt,

In 1996 Bachamnn made the EBT Golden Classics train set.  You can still find this on Ebay from time to time.

Since you are new I am enclosing a list of the EBT items Bachmann has made in Large Scale in the past. 
81093   EBT   10   2002   Loco   4-6-0, 10th aniv, EBT Ver 5
88997   EBT       2006   Hopper   2-Bay East Broad Top
89691   EBT   10   2003   P-Coach   East Broad Top
89692   EBT   18   2003   P Combine   East Broad Top
89693   EBT   19   2003   P Baggage   East Broad Top
89694   EBT   20   2003   P-Obs   East Broad Top  "Orbisonia"
90085   EBT   Set   1996         Set   East Broad Top
91230   EBT   10   1996   Loco   4-6-0, East Broad Top
93827   EBT   28   1996   Caboose   8 whl, EBT
93827   EBT   27   2002   Caboose   8 whl, EBT
98230   EBT   849   1991   Hopper   3 bay, EBT vulcan trucks

Keep you eyes peeled on Ebay for these items.  I can tell you that over the last seven months Each of the above items has been offered on EBay at least once, Except for the new Finescale 2 Bay Hopper.

Good luck finding something EBT to pull your cars!!
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!