News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

battery operatered big hauler

Started by jack456, May 17, 2017, 04:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jack456

I recently purchased a battery operated big hauler at a flea market for my grandson....rather than chew up d cells i will purchase a rechargable battery pack  my question what type of plug (connector) does the engine take

Loco Bill Canelos

Hello Jack,

They usually came with a double ended adapter cord located in a plastic bag.  To get a part glimpse of one scroll down to the almost bottom of this link.  One end of the connector goes into the connector in the battery box the other to the battery.

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,32620.0.html

If you did not get one you will have to make one up.  You could take the loco to a hobby shop which specializes in battery powered model cars.  They should be able to provide you with connectors and wires to make one and would I am sure be happy to sell you a battery pack or two.

Loco Bill

SIDE NOTE:
If someone has a close up image of the adapter cable I would appreciate a copy to add to the instructions page.  I would also appreciate an image of the adapter cable instructions.   If anyone can help me with images I will gladly credit you for providing them.   My email is not masked.
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

Loco Bill Canelos

Joe,

I downloaded the pics but I could not blow up the connectors enough to see if there are four wires or only three. The instruction sheet is fine and seems to show four wires which makes more sense. If you could send a close up of the connectors that better shows the wire colors and where they go on the connectors , that would be a big help.

Thanks,

Bill

Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!