News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Questions for my ES44

Started by Rickenbacker 325, May 26, 2017, 12:29:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rickenbacker 325

The ES44 that I have had since the first run have come out has been a great runner and very strong puller, always at the front of my train in a consist since it is one of the few that has sound. Last night I was running it and the function 1 key that normally plays the bell is now silent. I changed the CV volume to full blast and that did not work. Not sure what I even did for this to happen. Is there a way I can fix this or even reset the decoder to factory settings? I have looked at the SoundValue CV listing on the SoundTraxx website and couldn't find anything.

On another note, I did notice while looking on the CV listing that CV #195 is Grade Crossing Sensitivity. Can this be used to have the bell ring when I push the horn as well or have it play an automated grade crossing like some other sound decoders have?

Thanks a lot!

MilwaukeeRoadfan261

As far as the bell sound not working, I would recommend trying to reset the decoder to default by changing CV8 to a value of 8 then shutting off track power for a few seconds. Then you turn the track power back on and if the sound takes a couple seconds to come back, it worked. And if that doesn't work I would send it back to Bachmann for repairs or replace the decoder. A Soundtraxx TSU-PNP (Plug aNd Play) decoder should do the trick or it's Econami (also Soundtraxx) counter part the ECO-PNP. The plug and play ones are nice for diesel installs as they just drop in where the old decoder was. Just make sure the wires are hooked up to the correct spots. Working one wire at a time would be ideal.

Rickenbacker 325

The reset worked! Thank you!

MilwaukeeRoadfan261

No problem. I have had to do that myself, so I figured that I would let you know to try that first. Glad it worked for you.