Bachmann 2-6-0 running backwards

Started by guy57, May 26, 2017, 10:23:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

guy57

I recently replaced a motor in a dcc/dc 2-6-0 with an unknown history. I thought I got all the wiring correct, but the lighting and motor are backwards in regards to the programmed sound, I reprogammed the chip so the motor directions are backward and cv 33 and 34 so the lighting forward and reverse stays on in both directions when I run DCC. I will mostly be running this on DC and all the programming changes made no affect on the dc running. .......any ideas?? thanks, guy

ACY

You might want to try swapping the wires to see what affect that has, hopefully it will rectify the problem.

James in FL

Sounds like you put the motor in upside down.
Roll the motor over 180°.

rogertra

If you use JMRI you can change which end of a locomotive is the "front" using one of the CVs.  Don't know which one as JMRI takes care of all of that.

I do this for my RS-1, RS-2, RS-3 and RS-11 diesels as they all need to run long nose first.

Cheers.

Roger T.

guy57

Thanks everybody. I figured I had to change the wires, but I thought I had them correct and didn't want to mess with those small wires. I swapped them back and all is well, but everything worked fine when I ran it upside down Australian style.