News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Annie 4-6-0 - next issue

Started by RGGR, May 31, 2017, 03:50:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RGGR

Ok,  managed to get the tender closer to the loco without too much drama.  looks a lot better

but what about those's ridiculously stiff wires to connect to the Loco - they have to go!!!!
any suggestions

I am going Battery and R/c  btw.
cheers
Andrew

Loco Bill Canelos

Andrew,

It may be possible to shorten the existing wires by cutting them just enough to have the stretch to make the opposing curve, then using shrink wrap and soldering them back together.   

I know one fellow who buys super flexible wire from an electronics source and replaces the existing wires that way.  If you are running short trains you should be able to get by with flexible wire which is rated for two amps.  My Annies with a 10 car train draw about 1/3rd amp while running and just under an Amp when starting. this on flat and level track with 10 foot diameter curves.    grades will be a factor.  I have not tested on my grades though.  Regrettably I do not remember the Electronics company that had the wire.

Hopefully someone will have some other better solutions to report!

In April and June 1994 issues of Garden Railways Magazine there is a easy R/C battery conversion article designed for any Annie with an operating rear headlight. it used the Revolution R/c control.  Might  work with other systems.

Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!