Rheneas - Dimensions and Release Date?

Started by douglas, June 12, 2017, 01:41:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

douglas

So I'm building a layout focused around the episode Gallant Old Engine which includes a tunnel. Can anyone provide me with approximate measurements (perhaps using Skarloey as a reference) for the model? I have been told that he will be about the size of his ERTL model, which I am a bit skeptical of, but then again I don't know anything about it; I haven't even seen Skarloey's model IRL for a size comparison.

And while we're on the subject, has Bachmann provided an exact release date for Rheneas? I have read rumors ranging anywhere from next month to January of 2018, and would like to clear things up if possible.

Kingfisher30

The best thing I can suggest is use a ho tunnel front, though Noch has started doing one in Hoe which is 009/Ho30 Narrow gauge. this link will show you what it is like ww.noch.com/en/noch-model-landscaping-new-items/new-items-2017/tunnel-portal-single-track-for-narrow-gauge-railways-58026.html
Or have a look at this a friend of mine did of the tunnel on the Skarleoy railway.
https://srmg.org.uk/news-blog/2017/4/3/srmg-modelling-competition-2017

hope this is some help. mike

Duke

I have a Bachmann and a ERTL model of Skarloey and the Bachmann model is a little bit smaller. I don't have a ERTL model of Rheneas thou, so I can't compare those two ERTL models to each other. I can give you the dimensions of the Bachmann Skarloey model, but I use the metric system so can only give it to you in mm or cm
Thomas - Henry - Percy/Toby/Emily - Spencer - Gordon/James - Edward/Mavis - Salty - Bill/Ben - Donald/Douglas - Diesel - Duck - 'Arry - Bert - Skarloey - Oliver - Rheneas/Rosie - Rusty

douglas

Well, it's good to know that the ERTL size comparison I read about was most likely correct; Rheneas' ERTL model was overly wide and possibly a bit short, so now I have an idea of what to expect for him.
So what are the dimensions on the Bachmann Skarloey, Duke? I can convert them to imperial units without a problem.

Duke

I could have given you the dimensions in inches thou, but that may be a little bit to large for this small model.
The lenght from coupler to coupler is 8,7 cm. The height is 3,4 cm, and the width is on the widest 2,5cm and 2,2cm on the top if his cab.
I wasn't sure if you actually meant that you needed the lenght of the model thou, but I measured it just in case.
Thomas - Henry - Percy/Toby/Emily - Spencer - Gordon/James - Edward/Mavis - Salty - Bill/Ben - Donald/Douglas - Diesel - Duck - 'Arry - Bert - Skarloey - Oliver - Rheneas/Rosie - Rusty

sodor express

A scale tunnel for narrow gauge should be roughly  12 scale feet high and 15 16 ft wide.00 scale is 4mm to the foot and HO 3.5 mm. 48 to50mm  high for the opening and 60- 65 mm wide. They will pass through most n scale tunnels but are a little tight. Make your own like I did or try some Peco tunnel portals.

Angelob6660

I wrote to Bachmann a few months ago about the availability of Skarloey and Rheneas. They will arriving around December 25th.

I don't know if their delivery schedule was changed or not.
"...but I don't go to the movies much. If you've seen one you've seen them all."
-Kathy Selden