News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2-6-0 Valve gear motion.

Started by rogertra, June 18, 2017, 09:00:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogertra

For the second time in around three years, the motion locking nut that holds the crank drive rod and the motion crank on one of my 2-6-0s has gone missing.

Last time this happened, I sent a fully detailed and custom painted and weather loco back to Bachmann for repair clearly stating I wanted my locomotive back and not simply a replacement from stock.

I got back a stock locomotive!  I asked what happened to my detailed loco and could I have it returned so I could swap bodies but never heard back.

Mr. B.  Is it possible to get a custom detailed and painted loco back from your service department or is it standard procedure just to take a model from inventory and send that back?   I am really reluctant to send my loco in for repairs.

Cheers.

Roger T.

RAM

Can you just get the part and repair it your self?

the Bach-man

Dear Roger,
Call the service department and ask for Bob Cromwell.
He will make sure it's taken care of correctly.
Thaks!
the Bach-man

Trainman203

I bought a Frisco 2-8-2 and had a Tsunami 2 installed.  The engine developed problems so I returned the engine only, to make sure I didn't lose the decoder install.  The repair department called me Thursday to verify my address.  Today, Monday, a replacement Frisco engine was in my mailbox. Runs great.  All I wanted and more, 4 times faster than I thought.  Can't say enough good.  Thank you, Mr. B.   

rogertra

Quote from: the Bach-man on June 18, 2017, 10:44:43 PM
Dear Roger,
Call the service department and ask for Bob Cromwell.
He will make sure it's taken care of correctly.
Thaks!
the Bach-man

Thank you Mr. B.

I'll give that a try.

Cheers

Roger T.

rogertra

I can't believe my luck.

Ran my fingers around the 80 feet of existing main track and found the missing crank pin.  Loco back in service!   :)

cheers

Roger T.

Trainman203

I had something similar happen.  Remember the Spectrum Southern Rwy 2-10-2 from years ago?  The doghouse came off the tender and got lost somewhere.  6 months later it turned up in a bag of stuff had been next to the workbench.

dutchbuilder

I have several locomotives equipped with a neodinium magnet to operate the switch on a reversal loop.
When i lose a screw or a coupler spring in usually run one of them on the layout and most of the time the offending object appears on the magnet.

Ton