News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann Emily dimensions

Started by sedfred, June 29, 2017, 08:37:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sedfred

I am a scale modeller, but I'm thinking about buying a Bachmann Emily to convert into an actual stirling single. I saw a video of someone who had done just that, they added a new realistic smoke box, removed some of the details and replaced them with more realistic ones, and gave it a new paint job and it looked like a real HO scale British engine!

But I'm just curious, is the Bachmann Emily and the entire Thomas line actually 1:87 scale? Or more like British OO or some made up scale? Is the Emily actually properly scaled like the real one or just a generic cartoonish representation? Let's say, I compare it to my 2-6-6-2, and I compared the dimensions of the real engines, would it match up? Is that big driver 8 scale feet in diameter? Sorry about all the questions but I would like to try this but I would like to know if it's really an HO scale engine that has realistic proportions to the real one

Captain Crutch

I know that the Thomas & Friends line is really OO scale. That's all I can tell you. If you ask in the Thomas & Friends thread they'll be able to tell you.
Formerly HLC Railroad, but now I'm back and better than ever!