what happened to the bachmann dcc with sound that was announced in dec 2016

Started by kewatin, July 07, 2017, 12:32:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kewatin

yardmaster  i along with other interested forum members have wondered what happened to the new product announcement back in dec 2016.you replied to the forum member that they would arrive sometime in april 2017. is this now a dead product ,or has their been a production delay? or maybe are you going to re announce it at this yrs NMRA convention in orlando.this is the little stump puller that proved bachmann could make as good or better than its competition.i have several that still run tickity boo  after all these yrs that are dcc. as much as we would like to see new announcements ,i would love to see this and the heavy mountain released with sound , at my age 77 and with 2 implants i am not able to decoder installs  but still have all the enjoyment that model railroading has to offer, i have been in it since 1964.trusting you will have an update .
regards&later KEWATIN

Bucksco

kewatin

yardmaster, if you go to page 5 you will see that rg perkins asked the same question i asked today on dec24/16
you trainmaster replied on jan 20/17 that any new shipments would arrive after the chinese new yrs. ie april 2017.perhaps the original question was mistakenly referred to as a new release of an ho product instead of n  gauge. if you would be so kind as to try to answer the question it would be most appreciated.thanking you in advance ,regards&later KEWATIN

gatrhumpy

He's talking about the 2-8-0 DCC with sound in N scale. It's still listed as coming soon on the Bachmann website. I doubt Yardmaster has any more details than that.

kewatin

Thank you members for clearing up my post I forgot in my old age that it was the 2-8-0 Connie I was referring to I knew I had read the announcement when it was posted some time ago .so yardmaster how about an update.as to it's present status thanks to all who helped.  regards and later Kewatin

Bucksco

The decoder was finalized about a month ago. Give it some time - probably toward the end of summer. We cannot control production schedule changes due to unforeseen delays.