News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

"DCC On Board" Decoder

Started by burlingtonfan, July 11, 2017, 04:43:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

burlingtonfan

I recently purchased an HO GP9 that includes a factory installed decoder.  Its Bachmann, not Spectrum, and is a blue box.  Trying to program it using JMRI, the program asks which decoder it is (It gave several choices based on how many functions the decoder has).  Does anyone know what decoder was used in this model and how many functions it has? 

I see nothing in the instructions that came with the locomotive telling me the model of the decoder or any description whatsoever, other than the term "DCC On Board".  The store clerk told me it is a Bachmann decoder, as opposed to another manufacturer's.  Are there not any instructions available on-line to aid in programming the decoder, and if so, where?

Thanks for any assistance you can offer.

Bucksco

burlingtonfan

Thanks for the quick response. 

There is no speed table available, or ability to model a Mars Light with this decoder, correct?

ACY

Quote from: burlingtonfan on July 11, 2017, 05:02:59 PM
There is no speed table available, or ability to model a Mars Light with this decoder, correct?
No speed table, but you could possibly sacrifice other more important stuff (ie all the other lights, that is you could no longer have the regular directional lighting anymore) possibly just to support a Mars light.
If you want these things your best bet is to buy a different decoder though.