News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

3 ton shay and massoth

Started by joenoe, July 18, 2017, 10:47:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joenoe

Can you tell me how to rebuild 3 ton shay in g scale for massoth control with smoke generator and embed e motion powercap maxi. Massoth xls sound decoder, pulsed smoke, powercap.

Bucksco

Sounds like a question for Massoth....

Kevin Strong

You don't say whether your 3-truck Shay is the DCC-equipped version or the DCC-ready version. I'd start by taking a look at the wiring diagrams for both versions of the loco to see where the track, motor, and light control functions get wired to the DCC decoder.

Pulsed smoke will require replacement of the stock Bachmann smoke unit with a suitable fan-driven smoke unit. You'll also need to run new wires forward for said smoke unit. As for triggering the pulses, I think you can use the chuff triggers on the cylinders to do that along with triggering the chuff sound at the same time. Here again, refer to the circuit diagram to figure out which wires are for the chuff contacts.

The PowerCap question would be a Massoth thing, dependent on which specific Massoth decoder you're using. That's likely going to be a plug or socket on the decoder itself.

Later,

K

Joe Zullo

petertoot

3 ton 3 truck,no one is perfect 😆😆😆😆andhijoe !!!

Joe Zullo

Quote from: petertoot on July 25, 2017, 09:12:42 PM
3 ton 3 truck,no one is perfect 😆😆😆😆andhijoe !!!
I can see that for sure!