News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

E-Z Mate Couplers

Started by JoMc67, July 24, 2017, 05:26:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoMc67

Hello,

Ok, I purchased a New Bachman DCC 2-6-0 w/Sound (Canadian National) to run my older style X-Mas Cars (Bachman HO Heritage Collection Train Set from the 90's)..However, the    2-6-0 has the newer style E-Z Mate Couplers (magnetic), and the Cars have these older style Couplers or Horns.

So, I purchased the New Style E-Z Mate Couplers (exact same as my 2-6-0 couplers) recently, but need to know what is the procedure for replacement...Any tolerances to be aware of (removing and putting screws back on, etc). For example; I don't want to put the New Couplers Arms on to tight, etc ?

Thanks for any info.
Joe

Deland

EZ mate has a list of which couplers to use for which type car. They also have an online detailed procedure. Sorry, I don't have a link. Another option is to set up an adapter car. Put the EZ mate on one end and leave the horn hook on the other and it will bridge the difference.

Elnovato

I guess it depends on whether the couplers are truck mounted or body mounted. There are several videos on youtube that you can look at. The example below shows how to modify truck mounted couplers...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzkjxRoJUu4

Elnovato

Many modelers prefer metal couplers as you will see in many videos. I have limited expertise on the hobby, but the EZ Mate couplers have worked fine in my layout.