News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Help with Thomas sound boards

Started by MAELLIS, August 04, 2017, 01:20:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MAELLIS

Hi I have purchased 8 Thomas sound boards, both for grandson's Thomas and for my local club's Thomas & friends locos that we use on our Large Scale ehibition layout here in Bergen Norway. I need some info that is not in the rather sparse instructions. Can anyone help?
Where inside the locos should the speaker be attached ?
What diameter of speaker should I use ?
Where should the board be placed ?
A picture of the inside of a Thomas with a factory installed sound board with speaker would be a big help. Any other tips would be appreciated ! Thanks !

A Trainman

Hi MAELLIS.
I personally haven't seen a Thomas with a sound board in it and the parts breakdown doesn't show a speaker or sound board.

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/dwg/dwgs/GTL01-91401.pdf

What I would suggest is a small speaker in the bunker behind the cab and I've heard of guys attaching the sound cards under the roof of the cab where it can't easily be seen unless you are looking up from the bottom. Or, you could ,easily, put everything a trailing car behind the loco.

On a different note, my family and I will be in Bergen on September 2nd and 3rd and taking the train from there to Oslo the morning of the 4th. I hear it's a beautiful, seven and a half hour ride.  We're very excited to be visiting Norway!

Hopefully you'll figure something out.
And have fun with your trains!!

Adam

MAELLIS

Thanks Adam! I was hoping Mr Bachmann would come with some hints and tips ! Yes Bergen is a nice town and the trip through the middle of Noway to Oslo is very scenic. If you send me an E-post to andellis@online.no I'll send you some travel tips ! Cheers Martin

A Trainman

Hi MAELLIS,
Hopefully you find a solution to your sound card question.
And I have emailed you.

Adam   

Loco Bill Canelos

Hi MAELLIS,

Bachmann does have a Thomas and friends Discussion board.  It may be a good place to ask for help.

Loco Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!