News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

4-6-0 Running Board

Started by A Trainman, August 06, 2017, 05:13:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A Trainman

I recently emailed the Bachmann parts department...
Sirs,
I am looking for one Large Scale part number 88005-00S01. Large Scale 4-6-0 left side running board that is directly under the air compressor.
I do not care what the color is, if you have one laying around I would like to purchase it if possible.

Thank you.

And they replied...
?I regret to inform you that we do not have this part by it's self. This part comes with the shell and I regret to say we can not break down the shell.

I find it hard to believe that they don't have one of these laying around, in any color. I would think they would get many 4-6-0s in for body damage repair.

If someone has one, I'd be happy to purchase it from you and pay the postage, email me, it's in my profile.

Thanks.
Adam

Loco Bill Canelos

Adam,

Your email in your profile is hidden!

Loco Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

A Trainman

Thanks Bill,
I just made it visible. ::)

Adam

Loco Bill Canelos

Adam,

As of 9:45 PM Mountain Time it is still showing as hidden! 8/6/17.

I may have one but it is in deep storage if I do.  If you do not get any responses, I can try to find one, but due to my schedule it may be a few months.  You may also try to find a parts 4-6-0 loco on Ebay.  I got one for $5 two years ago. You never know

Bill

A Trainman

Thanks again Bill.
I guess I didn't type my password and hit the "Change Your Profile" button after I unchecked the hide box.
I thought everything was good because I saw the middle icon, under my user name, that looks like a typewriter and says email when you scroll over it.

I also appreciate your offer for looking, but please don't go out of your way. I too have plenty of other projects to do and I am not really needing another locomotive at this time. And, oh yeah, there's that pesky, eight hour a day, five days a week, job that keeps interrupting my play time.

I'll keep cruising eBay. That's how I got this wreck in the first place! I really didn't need it, I just wanted the tender. Ha ha!!!

Thanks again!

Adam

Loco Bill Canelos

Adam,

Email is up now, best of luck getting one

Ah yes, Turning trash to gold, just can't resist. I fully understand.  Maybe you better not get another parts loco, will just lead to another project. ::) ;D

Bill