News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Troublesome Truck Faces

Started by SethDav, August 02, 2017, 12:10:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SethDav

Hello all

What are your thoughts on the existing Bachmann troublesome truck faces? Personally I think that TT #5 has large eyes but at least it is a classic face!

I am not sure about Troublesome Truck #4, I'm trying to convince myself that it is the classic sad face but it's quite different.

Troublesome Truck #3 is good, the most classic of classic faces.

What I think is that Bachmann will only put up classic era truck faces on their products since the target age, 14+, is too old to be acquainted with the CGI faces. Maybe many years down the line, they will make the transition to CGI truck faces, when CGI Thomas is 14 years into production.

Thoughts? What would you like to see for Troublesome Truck #6? I know this thread is redundant but I believe it is worth it since Troublesome Trucks are one of Bachmann's best-selling model.

- SethDav

Titanic5972

JLK2707

Yeah, they do look great. I wonder if some could just be made for Brake Vans in HO/OO Scale.

SethDav

Quote from: JLK2707 on August 02, 2017, 07:33:30 AM
Yeah, they do look great. I wonder if some could just be made for Brake Vans in HO/OO Scale.

The smaller faces would fit on the brakevan.

I may also do Spiteful Brakevan faces in the future.

Plow_Bender

Not to sound rude, but I'm 99.9% sure this post violates the forums Code of Conduct.  It clearly states (and I quote),

QuoteSoliciting of products, services, or membership to organizations is not allowed. (Basically anything that is asking for payment from a forum member).  There are plenty of auction sites, and classified sites on the internet that are specially designed for this purpose, please use them. Any posts of this nature will be deleted as soon as they are discovered. Posts directing forum users such as "Check out my train for sale on ...." will also be deleted.

Incase you haven't already, I recommend reading the fourms Code of Conduct which can be found at the link below.  Seeing as you are new to the forum and mistakes do happen, this isn't a big deal.  Just make sure you read and understand things clearly and ask an admin if you're not sure about something.  I'm sure they'd be glad to help. 

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,8493.0.html

-Rusty
"If you can't beat them, hire someone to do it..."

SethDav

Time to wrap up the link then!

But perhaps it may have been better to act as a "prospective customer" and ask if it anyone had tried the faces while posting a link ;)  . Or bump an existing Troublesome Truck thread.

sean1994rail

Quote from: SethDav on August 02, 2017, 09:49:32 PM
Time to wrap up the link then!

But perhaps it may have been better to act as a "prospective customer" and ask if it anyone had tried the faces while posting a link ;)  . Or bump an existing Troublesome Truck thread.
To give you some condolence, I thought your trucks faces look nice.

Titanic5972

I'm glad I saved the link when I did, before the fun police arrived on the scene as usual.

Captain Crutch

I've been saying for a while now that it'd be great to get a tanker troublesome truck.
Formerly HLC Railroad, but now I'm back and better than ever!

SethDav

Quote from: Titanic5972 on August 05, 2017, 10:53:12 AM
I'm glad I saved the link when I did, before the fun police arrived on the scene as usual.

Check the signature  ;) .

A tanker would be nice; quite unlikely however. They've only appeared in a single episode (in model form) and would not be sustainable since they would be irrelevant to anyone who has not watched 'Toad Stands By', i.e. all current-generation children.

I personally would like one of the LNWR non-vent vans with this (https://www.shapeways.com/product/LLL54DXLY/large-surprised-face?optionId=63239919) face. Seen (again) in Toad Stands By.

Captain Crutch

Watch any of the trailers or sneak peeks for JBS. It would appear they're back.

SethDav

Yes but as I see it Bachmann will not be doing CGI faces for troublesome trucks because the majority of users seem to prefer classic faces. Apart from that they'd have to dig up some HQ pictures of the narrow gauge slate trucks faces (used on tankers) and most pictures are not that detailed.

I would like this one: https://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/ttte/images/8/8f/ToadStandsBy75.png/revision/latest?cb=20150402005107 .

Captain Crutch

I'm just saying they're in cgi and Bachmann doesn't do anything anymore unless it's in cgi so there's actually a chance of it happening.

SethDav

Quote from: HLC Railroad on August 07, 2017, 02:08:00 PM
I'm just saying they're in cgi and Bachmann doesn't do anything anymore unless it's in cgi ...

That actually applies to everything except troublesome trucks. The CGI series has them all with the same face, so it wouldn't work well for being able to sell multiple versions or expressions. The best-selling Bachmann items are apparently troublesome trucks so that is good news; if they gave the tankers a CGI face it would be a major turn-down.

They would market the children who buy the tanker because it appears in the CGI series, and would also have the older fans buy it because they, with the older model faces, appeared in Toad Stands By, so a win-win for all I suppose.

TrainFan97

The Troublesome Truck faces are great.

So, any plans to make Sidney, Splatter and Dodge faces? Modellers who make Splatter and Dodge usually use the faces from the discontinued Hornby 'Arry and Bert models, which aren't very common. If you made 3D printed faces for Splodge, modellers who want to make them will have an easier way to get them.

A Sidney face would also be nice, considering he still has yet to get a TrackMaster model. There is no perfectly-sized Sidney face available. If you could make one, modellers can finally turn Bachmann Diesel into Sidney. Though, Sidney may get announced next year, especially if Paxton gets delayed.

Model series 'Arry and Bert faces would also be appreciated for those who weren't satisfied by the CGI faces on Bachmann 'Arry and Bert. Modellers would be able to change the faces.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.