News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Troublesome Truck Faces

Started by SethDav, August 02, 2017, 12:10:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomasj219

Quote from: Plow Bender on August 02, 2017, 08:24:16 PM
Not to sound rude, but I'm 99.9% sure this post violates the forums Code of Conduct.  It clearly states (and I quote),

QuoteSoliciting of products, services, or membership to organizations is not allowed. (Basically anything that is asking for payment from a forum member).  There are plenty of auction sites, and classified sites on the internet that are specially designed for this purpose, please use them. Any posts of this nature will be deleted as soon as they are discovered. Posts directing forum users such as "Check out my train for sale on ...." will also be deleted.

Incase you haven't already, I recommend reading the fourms Code of Conduct which can be found at the link below.  Seeing as you are new to the forum and mistakes do happen, this isn't a big deal.  Just make sure you read and understand things clearly and ask an admin if you're not sure about something.  I'm sure they'd be glad to help. 

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,8493.0.html

-Rusty

Asking for "soliciting" payment and posting a link to a shop site for model parts and accessories are two different things my friend. Just because he's making the product doesn't change that. People post links to eBay auctions and the like all the time. You are relatively new to this forum too. Don't forget that, while I'm sure you "don't meant to be rude." A lot of your posts, in this and other circumstances come across as just that.

Here's the mantra to stick to on here. If it's a problem that's not causing massive disruption and annoyance on the forum. Let the admins deal with it. It's cleaner.

In the almost ten years I've been here, I've never seen someone actually quote the code of conduct  ::)

All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

Cheeky_ULP

JLK2707

Quote from: SethDav on August 07, 2017, 05:38:57 PM
Quote from: HLC Railroad on August 07, 2017, 02:08:00 PM
I'm just saying they're in cgi and Bachmann doesn't do anything anymore unless it's in cgi ...

That actually applies to everything except troublesome trucks. The CGI series has them all with the same face, so it wouldn't work well for being able to sell multiple versions or expressions. The best-selling Bachmann items are apparently troublesome trucks so that is good news; if they gave the tankers a CGI face it would be a major turn-down.

They would market the children who buy the tanker because it appears in the CGI series, and would also have the older fans buy it because they, with the older model faces, appeared in Toad Stands By, so a win-win for all I suppose.

I wonder why the cgi series has all the troublesome trucks with the same faces.

SethDav

Quote from: TrainFan97 on August 12, 2017, 12:03:03 AM
The Troublesome Truck faces are great.

So, any plans to make Sidney, Splatter and Dodge faces? ...

... Model series 'Arry and Bert faces would also be appreciated for those ...

Sorry but I am terrible, just plain and simply terrible, at modelling engine faces since they have considerably more detail.

Quote from: JLK2707 on August 18, 2017, 10:04:20 PM
Quote from: SethDav on August 07, 2017, 05:38:57 PM
Quote from: HLC Railroad on August 07, 2017, 02:08:00 PM
I'm just saying they're in cgi and Bachmann doesn't do anything anymore unless it's in cgi ...

That actually applies to everything except troublesome trucks. The CGI series has them all with the same face, so it wouldn't work well for being able to sell multiple versions or expressions. The best-selling Bachmann items are apparently troublesome trucks so that is good news; if they gave the tankers a CGI face it would be a major turn-down.

They would market the children who buy the tanker because it appears in the CGI series, and would also have the older fans buy it because they, with the older model faces, appeared in Toad Stands By, so a win-win for all I suppose.

I wonder why the cgi series has all the troublesome trucks with the same faces.

Perhaps, to make it easier for the animators since they don't have to model 20+ faces! I agree it doesn't feel the same as the classic series' trucks.

Quote from: Sparks on August 18, 2017, 01:35:32 PM
wow nice faces sean

I'm not Sean, the name's Dave :-D .

My faces are a bit cheaper and also a bit more accurate than Sean's truck faces, but Sean is definitely the king of modelling engine faces! Not a chance I could top that!

SethDav

TrainFan97

What about even smaller faces for tankers? Those faces were also used on Narrow Gauge slate cars.

Bulstrode's shocked face was also used on a truck a few times.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

thomasj219

That's what I've been wanting to see. The faces in use. I will for sure be getting them. I'm assuming those eyes were painted on by the modeler?
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

SethDav

Yes, the eyes were painted on. But by using (approx.) 1/8 inch tiny black dot stickers, you can remove/replace them to have them looking different directions when needed.

RE: the smaller faces, it's very difficult to find a front-on pic of them, only one I can find is from Toad Stands By.