News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Posting Photos...

Started by strummer, August 04, 2017, 04:26:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

strummer

I tried earlier today to post a few snaps shots of a project I'm currently working on. I tried using the same cell phone photos I have used successfully on other forum sites, but here I got a notice saying my pictures were too large.

How does one go about posting one's own pictures here? Thanks.

Mark in Oregon

Hunt

Error you are receiving is misleading. The Additional Options... Attach:   feature cannot be used.

To post a photo in this forum it has to reside (stored) in an URL registered site. Most people upload to a photo/image hosting site. Then place the link to photo in the Bachmann forum between SMF Bulletin Board Code Image Tags. Tags can be typed or entered by clicking on

Photobucket was being used by many as their photo hosting site until Photobucket started charging for 3rd Party Hosting service.

strummer

Hmm... well that sucks.  :(

I have some photos on my computer I took myself;  I guess they are not on any "URL", so I guess I'm "SOL"... :)

Mark in Oregon

dutchbuilder

All that trouble for a picture.
It is so simple if our moderators would switch it on.
Simple machines software has the possibility to add attachments to the text.
But for some reason Mr.B's helpers has switched it off.

Ton

ACY

Quote from: dutchbuilder on August 05, 2017, 05:41:57 AM
All that trouble for a picture.
It is so simple if our moderators would switch it on.
Simple machines software has the possibility to add attachments to the text.
But for some reason Mr.B's helpers has switched it off.
There is a good reason that it is turned off; namely because it costs a lot of money for them to have adequate space for everyone to host a lot of high resolution photographs and videos. The feature was disabled when I was fairly new to the forum over ten years ago now, but when I first started reading posts on here you could still actually attach your photos but there was a maximum file size back then for attachments, so the photos could not be very big or high resolution.

If you would like to provide funding to the forum to attach photos here I am sure Bachmann would be glad to "switch it on" for you.

strummer

Quote from: ACY on August 06, 2017, 12:48:33 AM

If you would like to provide funding to the forum to attach photos here I am sure Bachmann would be glad to "switch it on" for you.

Ouch! I'm (almost) sorry I brought it up in the first place... :)

Mark in Oregon

jonathan

OK, here is my 2 cents about posting photos.

I was using Photobucket. Now there is a charge for photo sharing.

I have tried Shutterfly. No real instructions on photo sharing. Their website is so complicated, I still haven't figured it out.

I am now using Flikr:

Set up an account and login. It's free.
There is a "cloud" shaped icon. Click on it. Then you can drag photos from your PC onto your account.

Click on the icon that establishes a photo album.

Upload your Flikr photos into the album. It's really quick.

You must also set your album to "Public", so everyone can see your photos.

Open the album.

Click on a photo to open it.

There is a curve-shaped arrow icon in the bottom right corner.  This is the sharing icon.

There is a tab called "BBCode". Click on it.  

Right click the URL just below BBCode. Copy.  Then paste the photo to your post on the forum.  The URL will appear on your post.  When you save your post, the photo will appear.

Yes. It's complicated. However, it works.  And it's free... so far.

Regards,

Jonathan

JRP

Hi Jonathan,

This is good, but I got as far as "There is a tab called "BBCode". Click on it.  Right click the URL just below BBCode. Copy.  Then paste the photo to your post on the forum.  The URL will appear on your post.  When you save your post, the photo will appear."

Where is the BBCode tab?  Is it here?  I only see BBC tags (above). 

Thanks.  JRP

Hunt

Quote from: JRP on August 24, 2017, 04:26:23 PM
Hi Jonathan,

This is good, but I got as far as "There is a tab called "BBCode". Click on it.  Right click the URL just below BBCode. Copy.  Then paste the photo to your post on the forum.  The URL will appear on your post.  When you save your post, the photo will appear."

Where is the BBCode tab?  Is it here?  I only see BBC tags (above). 

Thanks.  JRP

Jonathan,
Go to
http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,33891.msg250233.html#msg250233

jonathan

Hunt, I went there. Glad another person got the photo link working. I can't quite remember how to link an avatar to my name. It's been so many years since I had to do it...

Regards,

Jonathan

Here's what I did on Monday:
[img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com

[img]https://flic.kr/p/Y2re1R[img]

K doesn't work so well from an iPad

Hunt

Quote from: jonathan on August 24, 2017, 08:33:06 PM
Hunt, I went there. Glad another person got the photo link working. I can't quite remember how to link an avatar to my name. It's been so many years since I had to do it...

Regards,

Jonathan

Here's what I did on Monday:

K doesn't work so well from an iPad

Here it is

JRP

WOW!! Outstanding.  Blinds my eyes.  Great shot