Questions to the Bach Man on sound boards and speakers

Started by Elnovato, August 09, 2017, 03:36:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elnovato

If I order a sound board AE320XX and a speaker #10080, do they fit into a DCC only GP40 without having to cut the metal chassis? Does the sound board fit on top of the chassis (I don't see why not)? Does the speaker fit into the fuel tank space in the non-sound locomotive? I saw both diagrams (GP40 DCC only and GP40 sound value) and it is not visually obvious. Thank you.

Bucksco

Narrow hood diesels do not have a lot of room for decoder installation. The only way to find out is to take the loco apart and see how things fit. You can give the service department a call and ask a tech - they may or may not know.

Hunt

AE320XX is not a DCC Sound Board but the format for DCC Sound Board model number.  Replacing XX with numbers required to order a DCC Sound Board.

Click Here and look through what is available. Note a DCC Sound Board is not available at this time for HO GP40.

Want something now?

Click Here and look for  EMD GP40 - it is listed under Standard Line - Diesel:

This identifies two models of aftermarket sound decoders,  speaker and baffle  recommended by SoundTraxx for the Bachmann HO EMD GP40

Elnovato

Thank you very much. I guess my question more specifically is if all HO DCC soundboards offered in the soundvalue locomotives (with AE320XX format) have the same dimensions regardless of the sounds associated with a specific diesel locomotive (say GP40 vs F7). I was planning to buy two of them to install into my Bachman GP40 and Baldwin Sharknose (DCC only) locomotives (in both cases along with the generic speaker available). But I wanted to ask whether they fit before buying them. I am aware that the sound effects vary from model to model, but that is less relevant for my purposes. Thank you again.