Strange package from Bachmann

Started by Warflight, August 11, 2017, 05:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warflight

I just got a package from Bachmann, that I never ordered... I'm in the San Diego area, and they sent me a package of parts, that were meant to go to Minnesota (according to the packing slip)

Now what? Do I just write "return to sender" and walk it down to the post office? Does Bachmann need to be informed, so they can take care of the actual customer that paid for these parts? Will they figure it out with me returning the item, or should there be a note?

Piyer

Contact Bachmann about the mixup. It might be easier for them to email you a mailing label and have you send it on to Minnesota than to do the return to them.

I've been on the buyer's end of a couple of mail order insanities - USPS once (according to the tracking number) had a package bouncing back-n-forth between my city and the seller's town for several weeks before it vanished completely, and there was an order I placed directly with a manufacturer in Pennsylvania (not Bachmann) who messed up my order twice (I finally gave up and bought the items off ebay for above MSRP because it was saner than a third potential round of messed up orders). These things do happen. :o\
~AJ Kleipass~
Proto-freelance modeling the Tri-State System c.1942
The layout is based upon the operations of the Delaware Valley Railway,
the New York, Susquehanna & Western, the Wilkes-Barre & Eastern,
the Middletown & Unionville, and the New York, Ontario & Western.

Warflight

Yeah... I sent an e-mail to Bachmann earlier today...

I went to the post office to see about returning it, but, because it was opened (the package was labeled and addressed to me, and though I wasn't expecting anything, I had inquired about some Plasticville parts about a month ago) the USPS said that it's "legally mine" now, and I would have to pay the postage to return it to Bachmann. So Ill see if they will send a return post label.

RAM

If you had inquired about some Plasticville parts about a month ago, and these are the parts that you inquired about.  Than I would say Bachmann just sent you the parts.

Warflight

Obviously they are not. Unless Plasticville has motors for a 4-8-4, and a Vandy tender front piece.

If they were the parts, I wouldn't have said "mystery package", or said they are nothing I ordered, or that they were meant for Minnesota (which I mentioned in the first post)

Hmmm... unless... I wonder of a motor for a 4-8-4 would make a good replacement wall for a Plasticville blacksmith/livery stable? (what? We've all kitbashed things before!)

Terry Toenges

Meanwhile... Someone in Minnesota is trying to figure out how to power his 4-8-4 with the piece of blacksmith wall he just received. ;D
Feel like a Mogul.

Warflight

Quote from: Terry Toenges on August 12, 2017, 09:33:47 AM
Meanwhile... Someone in Minnesota is trying to figure out how to power his 4-8-4 with the piece of blacksmith wall he just received. ;D

RIGHT!?!

Still no response from Bachmann (I was hoping they would send me a return label, or at least acknowledge whether or not they got my e-mail) I'll probably hear from them after the weekend.

the Bach-man

Dear War,
Someone will contact you next week.
Thanks!
the Bach-man

Warflight

Quote from: the Bach-man on August 12, 2017, 10:37:44 PM
Dear War,
Someone will contact you next week.
Thanks!
the Bach-man

Awesome! That works!

Bucksco

We have tracked down the original recipient and mailed him his parts. Thanks for the "Heads up"!

Warflight

Quote from: Yardmaster on August 16, 2017, 04:32:29 PM
We have tracked down the original recipient and mailed him his parts. Thanks for the "Heads up"!

Fantastic!

Do you want to send me a return label to send these parts back? Or should I just donate them to the Balboa Museum (or the Old Town model train museum... or maybe the S Scale museum... damn, we have a lot of model train museums here in town!) next time I'm there?

Bucksco

RAM

well you might find a need  for the motor

dutchbuilder

Just put it in the maycomehandyinthefuture archive. ;D

Ton

Terry Toenges

You never know. They might accidentally send you a 4-8-4 to go with it. :)
Feel like a Mogul.