HO Brightline trains

Started by stationmaster12, August 13, 2017, 01:29:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stationmaster12

How about HO scale Brightline trains please
Keep God first in all that you do.

Len

Colorful train!

But considering it only runs between 3 cities in Florida, I suspect there will not be enough demand.

New Haven's FL-9's operated over a lot more territory than Brightline. And, even though there are New Haven fans as far away as Finland, "Not enough demand" seems to be the stock response to requests for an accurate and affordable ready-to-run FL-9.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

Trainman203

Specialty locomotives are always a murky territory.  Territory operated over is not always a good indicator of which prototype a model of will sell in numbers. 

The MP spot class 2-8-0 ranged over far larger territory than the two listed above.   And bears more than a passing resemblance to many engines on other roads.  There was even a brass model offered ages ago.  But I'm not holding my breath waiting for a nice Spectrum model, or any model, of the spot engines y to appear.  I've got 3 Spectrum consolidations  numbered just above the spot numbers, in a 180 series.  They run well, look pretty Mop-ish, and get the mixed trains on my MP branch handled very well.

http://www.trainweb.org/screamingeagle/other/j_glenewinkel/mopac_steam/MOPAC_153.jpg

J3a-614

Given that Acela sets are still available after so long in an era of batch production could argue against this, but FEC-Brightline isn't the only customer.  Some of these units have been ordered by Amtrak and another carrier. 

Would they still sell?  I would argue the units need more exposure, which may come as the Amtrak units go into service.  That might be what will drive your demand.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siemens_Charger

thewizard

Quote from: Len on August 13, 2017, 08:37:56 AM
Colorful train!

But considering it only runs between 3 cities in Florida, I suspect there will not be enough demand.

New Haven's FL-9's operated over a lot more territory than Brightline. And, even though there are New Haven fans as far away as Finland, "Not enough demand" seems to be the stock response to requests for an accurate and affordable ready-to-run FL-9.

Len
Rapido's $350 MSRP FL-9's would like a word with you.