News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

4-6-2 dcc connectors

Started by indian_hills_r_r, September 02, 2017, 08:16:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

indian_hills_r_r

i just purchased a Bachmann spectrum 4-6-2 k4 pacific penn #3750 post war w/modern pilot. the tender came with a two wire connector and a 4 connector. The two wire connector wires are broken off. There is wires, one is black , the other is brown. Does anyone know the wiring specs. ?  Is the brown wire closest to the 4 wire connector or is the black one closest. The blowup shows the wires but not the colors.

Bucksco

Is the PCB mounted in the center of the tender or is it mounted on the rear of the tender?

indian_hills_r_r

I haven't opened the tender yet. I am traveling so I don't have all my tools for my trains. I will be home in oct. at which time I will open the tender.

indian_hills_r_r

yardmaster , I opened the tender and found the board in the center of the tender. I also found where and how the wires go. I need to call Bachmann service to see if they can (1.) fix the wire connector  (2) the scrapers behind the drive wheels are bent and can be fixed or replaced. I was looking at digitrax  decoder  dh163 LO which looks like a pcb/decoder with a 8 pin connector on it. I think it would work.

indian_hills_r_r

I was able to find new connectors with wire for this engine from JST. after about 5 mins of work and soldering two connections the loco is running fine