Bachmann EZ controller vs JMRI/SPROG III issues

Started by robyockey, September 04, 2017, 05:53:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robyockey

On my Layout, I have a manual switch to change control between a Bachmann EZ controller vs a JMRI/SPROG II PC setup. Things are working about 80%, but I have two issues I am still working on.

1.  Bachmann EZ controller F10 controls Bachmann loco lights on/off.  I cannot get any of the F0-F24 function buttons on the JMRI/SPROG III throttle to control these lights.  Anyone know a workaround for this?  What is the Bachmann EZ controller actually sending for the F10 function?  I have read it is F0, but that still does not work in the PC environment. 

2.  Bachmann DCC turnouts.  I have seen a couple of conversations on this one and am hoping someone has come up with a work around.  I can program the turnouts via the Bachmann EZ controller and they work with that system.  I can also program the turnouts via PanelPRO JMRI/SPROG III and they work with that system.  Problem is once programed in one system, the other system can not see them on any address...  And vice versa.  I know this in the Bachmann DCC turnout documentation, but as i said, I am hoping someone has figured out a work around.

Thanks for any help on these!

Rob

Hunt

Bachmann DCC turnouts

E-Z Command Control Center cannot control turnout address set by JMRI/Sprog 3. No workaround.

JMRI/Sprog 3 controlling a Bachmann DCC turnout whose address was set by E-Z Command Control Center

Try –

When using JMRI/Sprog control the turnout not as turnout but as locomotive address 9.

Select loco address 9 and use Loco 9 Function Key number ( 1 through 8 ) corresponding to the turnout address set by E-Z  command Control Center, to line (throw) the turnout track switch.

Hunt

Bachmann loco lights on/off

DecoderPro Throttle Function Panel Lights button should turn locomotive headlight or backup light on/off based on direction of travel Forward or Reverse selected.

Look to SPROG and JMRI to troubleshoot.