News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann class 20 deisel

Started by Lurcher1, September 21, 2017, 03:20:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lurcher1

I've just purchased this loco from Rails Of Sheffield, it takes a 21 pin decoder, can I use any decoder, been looking at one from Hattons, that looks a good price.

Lurcher1

I'm lost there appears to be adaptors to convert a 21 pin to an eight, do any of you know which would be best for this Bachmann class 20 deisel?

Lurcher1

Jhanecker2

Lurcher 1 :   This forum  usually deals with North American  equipment .   I suspect you are going to have to  look in Bachmanns  British Equipment website for  information  .  I assume you are dealing with Canadian equipment .  John2.

WoundedBear

Quote from: Jhanecker2 on September 21, 2017, 12:18:38 PM
Lurcher 1 :   This forum  usually deals with North American  equipment .   I suspect you are going to have to  look in Bachmanns  British Equipment website for  information  .  I assume you are dealing with Canadian equipment .  John2.

And since when is Canadian equipment not North American?

Google is your friend JH2.... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Rail_Class_20

Lurcher.........if you're not looking for sound, any basic decoder will work along with whatever adapter is needed to connect the 21 pin to the loco.

Sid

dutchbuilder

The decoder you were looking at, i presume this one?
http://www.hattons.co.uk/52534/Bachmann_Branchline_36_557_21_pin_E_Z_Command_4_function_1A_decoder_with_back_EMF/StockDetail.aspx
Should do the trick.
That you Brits drive on the wrong side of the road does not mean your decoders are the other way around. ;D
As long as your decoder is NMRA compliant it doesn't matter what part of the world you are from.

Ton

Jhanecker2

to Wounded Bear :     Every country north of Panama  is part of  North America .   Since he bought the train from "Rails of Sheffield " I made the assumption that he was  dealing with a  supplier in Canada  who deals in British  type trains since  Canada uses the same type of electrical power   60 Hz  , 120  Vac. .Though  I do use Google  Chrome  I normally use AOL . as my search engine .    Since the gentleman was getting no response  from the forum I suggested he look at Bachmann's  British equipment.   John2.