Getting a “Connection timed out” error when trying to load a firmware update

Started by RT_Coker, September 29, 2017, 07:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RT_Coker

Getting a "Connection timed out" error after a brief "firmware downloaded and ready" message when trying to load new firmware version 3.45 over 3.21.  Loco is a new Bachmann FTA and everything else appears to be working.  Error occurs with in both the latest downloads of the Bachmann and BlueRail Train Apps on two different Android devices.
Can anybody help?  Thank You!
Bob

Bucksco

Check your connection to the internet. Is the WiFi or wireless connected to the internet?

RT_Coker

The internet connect is good.  The apps downloaded and the EZ "firmware" downloaded according to the app message "firmware downloaded and ready".
Bob

RT_Coker

I browed an ios device, downloaded the BlueRail ios app, and successfully updated the loco-firmware to 3.45.  The loco ran fine with the ios device.  Now the problem is that the loco will not run with either android Bachmann or BlueRail app.
Help appreciate! Thank You!
Bob

RT_Coker

The android apps on both my android devices would run the loco with loco-firmware 3.21.  But my apps on my android (4.4.4) phone would not work with loco-firmware 3.45.  But, finally some good news, the BlueRail app on my android (5.1.1) tablet works with loco-firmware 3.45.  So I finally have a working android/3.45 setup, and can "play".
Bob