News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Village Street Car Barn

Started by gnegual, October 02, 2017, 05:25:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gnegual

Question, can I replace the Village Street Car Barn, with the Digitrax AR1. I believe the circuity in the barn is not working correctly.  After testing the power on the track with a multi-meter, I get 0.004 voltage reading. Sometimes it will work, but most of the times it doesn't. I can replace it with the AR1 or purchase a new set. I prefer to replace it with the AR1 if possible.

Terry Toenges

I know it's a rookie question but are you sure you have the track pieces assembled in the right order with A to A and B to B. I had problems like that once and realized I had the track sections in the wrong order.
Feel like a Mogul.

gnegual

I have had this set for 4 years and every Christmas I would set it up. Last year it started to go bad on me. I have try everything I know. I even purchased additional auto reverse tracks just in case something were  wrong with the original tracks.

Hunt

Quote from: gnegual on October 02, 2017, 05:25:02 PM
Question, can I replace the Village Street Car Barn, with the Digitrax AR1.

Digitrax AR1 is not a Village Street Car Barn replacement.  Digitrax AR1 for DCC Automatic Reversing loop.

Perhaps you have it confused with the CIRCUITRON AR-1, in which case AR-2 is better choice but read the instructions before you purchase as the circuitry in the Bachmann track is not used.  Also compare with products from Azatrax

gnegual

You are correct, the Circuitron AR-1 is an automatic point-to-point reversing circuit for DC (analog) layouts. Digitrax AR-1 is DCC and would not work in this scenario. Thank you for the correcting my confusion.