News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

0-4-0 porter loco

Started by hobo1, October 05, 2017, 01:07:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hobo1

hi all, I was planning on buying the porter loco for my layout,has anyone had any experience with these locos and could tell me a little about it---thanks for your help

Loco Bill Canelos

Hi Again,

These beauties are great runners, my son has one and loves it and I love mine.

82596   CMC   1   2006   ~ Loco   0-4-0 Side Tank Porter Colorado Mining Co   N   1        Spectrum 1:20.3
82597   MQ&M   1   2006   ~ Loco   0-4-0 Side Tank Porter, Midwest Quarry & Mining Co.   N   1       Spectrum 1:20.3
82598   None   N/A   2006   ~ Loco   0-4-0 Side Tank Porter, Painted, Unlettered, Black   N   1       Spectrum 1:20.3  red & white trim
82599   None   N/A   2006   ~ Loco   0-4-0 Side Tank Porter, Painted, Unlettered, Black   N   1       Spectrum 1:20.3

They last showed up in the catalog in 2015, an are no longer available at the Bachmann online store or wholesale to dealers.   Get one while they are still available at dealers.  The only issue I know of is that when used on standard DC power they can stall on switch frogs because of the short wheelbase.  Important to keep the wheels and switches very clean.  I had mine running on an automated back an forth section of track about 40 feet long and it worked perfectly for many years pulling a water car two log cars and a short caboose.  When I turned my layout on the porter would start the back and forth operation until the layout was turned off.  I plan to add it to my new layout at some point in the future.

Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

hobo1

thanks again loco bill. Trainworld still has them for 99.00 -a steal at that price

Loco Bill Canelos

Definitely grab one at that price!! 8) 8) 8) 8)
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!