EZ Track question HO Left/Right Hand Crossover

Started by HansKramer, October 18, 2017, 12:52:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HansKramer

Dear Bachman,

I bought a HO 44137 NS EZ Track Command #6 Right Hand Crossover. However I have no clue how to fit it in.
I have 18, 22 and 28 inch Radius curves. However the distance between the tracks is an odd 2 1/4 Inch... while the difference in radius is either 4, 6 or 10 inches. There is no way I can fit in 2 1/4 in a neat way. I tried with various curves but nothing seems to bridge the gap between 4 inch and 2 1/4 inch.

This is so unfortunate. Because the Crossover is a very nice...

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks

Hans

Terry Toenges

Maybe Bachmann's fitter piece assortment?
Bachmann #44592 E-Z Track connector assortment.
Feel like a Mogul.

Len

You could try this:

It uses 22" radius curves on the outside loop, 18" radius on the inner loop. Note the 3" straights on the ends of the inner loop.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

HansKramer

Thanks... yes that would work.. too bad the curves won't look that nice.

I found out somewhere on the web that actually the distance between tracks is 2 3/8... instead of 2 1/4... sigh
Can anybody confirm that.
Is there anywhere specifications of the exact measures of the various EZ track parts.. I could use AnyRail or whatever, however, I like to do the math myself.

Thanks

Hans

Len

2-3/8" would be 2.375" in decimal form. According to RR-Track the distance is 2.380", which is about right allowing for my mouse movement being off a bit. So it looks like 2-3/8" is correct.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

HansKramer

Yikes... why didn't they make it 2 4/8 aka 2 1/2 ... because they have 2 1/2 inch straights .. now 1/8 of an inch ain't much .. well still 3 mm!!!
Kind of silly.

I wish Bachmann would release the dimensions for their EZ tracks.. It can't be that hard to compile it and publish it on their website.

Terry Toenges

Feel like a Mogul.