Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

ebay

Started by RAM, December 06, 2007, 02:55:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Banner

Quoteauthor=Guilford Guy
lol

lol indeed.  But after your laugh, were you considerate enough to email the seller?

Lots of sellers make mistakes and are very glad to have you point them out.  Some mistakes are because the seller is not an expert in the field.  Other mistakes are from showing the wrong photograph.  When you are the seller, don't you appreciate it when someone helps you preserve your credibility by pointing out errors? 

The only seller I did not get a reply and a thank-you from was the one I asked if he had misplaced a decimal point when he priced an MRC Command 2000 at $375.00.  I guess he really thought it was worth that much!   
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

Loco Bill Canelos

Here us one being sold as new in box and doesnt even have the correct passenger cars that came with the original set!   Better Buy it now!!!!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=350002748474&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=022
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

Jim Banner

Bill, if you are basing that on the name alone, you might want to read a bit of the history of the Milwaukee road
http://www.answers.com/topic/chicago-milwaukee-st-paul-and-pacific-railroad

Personally, I do not remember the set or what came in it.  Perhaps you can enlighten us.

SteamGene

Jim,
Bill may be thinking that the cars are a bit early for the CMSt.P&P and more in keeping with the CM&St.P as it was called before the Western Extension began in the first decade of the 20th Century.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Loco Bill Canelos

Hi Guy's

The set was a Milwaukee Road Passenger set part of the Bachmann Golden Classics series.   The set 90094 came with a coach and an observation car.  The set this guy is selling as New in box has a full baggage and a combine.  The full baggage and combine were add on cars that you could buy seperately and must have been mistakenly put in the box by the original owner after playing with it.  I love the cars which is why i noticed it. 

The train with all four cars is a beauty!!!

These sets sold for about $130 Brand new.  His buy it now price of $500 is a bit much.  Maybe some fool will buy it at that price. 
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

Jim Banner