Understanding the power spec on the EZ Command

Started by Grapevine Flyer, November 03, 2017, 10:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grapevine Flyer

I was curious about the exact spec of the DCC signal that comes out of the EZ Command, which from what I understand can be either connected to a track (to control 2 trains) or can be connected to a 5amp power booster.

It says 1 AMP. Is this 1 AMP peak or 1 AMP continuous?

Is it 14 volts?

Thank you.

Warflight

I'm not using any power boost, just the EZ Command, and two "Walk Around Companion" controllers (three controllers all together, all powered by the one)

On my layout, I am running seven DCC sound engines (two Digitrax, one MRC, and the rest Factory Bachmann Tsunami "Sound Value") I am also running a DCC sound car (Broadway Limited cattle car) a DCC engine (usually either the Gandy Dancer, or the Norris, until I convert it to DCC and sound) plus, two end of track LEDs.

All are running just fine at the same time with no power booster, using the EZ Commander, plugged into EZ track, all engine lights and sound on.

Don't know if that's helpful or not.

Len

"It says 1 AMP. Is this 1 AMP peak or 1 AMP continuous?"

It's 1 Amp maximum continuous output. The actual output will only be as much current as the devices it's powering need. So it you're operating two locos that require 0.25 Amp each, the measured output would only be 0.5 Amp.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.