News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Ground throws

Started by Ernie K, November 09, 2017, 04:19:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ernie K

Hi all.
I'm building an HO layout and every ground throw I have seen or researched for this layout is much too large for scale.
Does anyone have an idea for smaller throws. They do not have to be working as I plan on throwing all switches by hand not using a machine. In turn the throws I want can be much smaller then HO.
They will only be cosmetic.
Thank you.

kewatin

if you are looking for scale non working switch stands google minatures by eric and look under ho scale you will find part # s16 or s7 with a photo of each. bit pricey at $6.oo a wack ,but if its about scale knock yourself out.
hope this helps you out .gooday
regards&later KEWATIN

Trainman203

Eric's switch stands looks good but are non working.  Caboose Industries, who makes most of the ground throws you've seen, makes a reasonably realistic working " high level " switch stand with a working lever and rotating target.  I have about 20 and it is very satisfying throwing  the switches manually just like the prototype.  They are somewhat costly too but worth it to me.

Len

The 'N' scale Caboose throws can be used with HO turnouts, and look closer to scale.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.