News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Part ID help

Started by rm31859, November 20, 2017, 02:25:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rm31859

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum so please bear with me. I wasn't sure where to go with this so I figured this would be the best place to start. I recently bought a few power packs off ebay as part of a group lot. I only needed one of the packs but had to buy everything to get it. One of the things that came in the group was a Bachmann item that I need help identifying. It appears to be a platform. It is about 6"X6" and about 2" high. It is gray simulated brick on the sides and brown simulated brick on top. There is a walkway coming up one side. There is a 5"X 3" X 1/4" riser on top with what appears to be a motor mounted under one end and a hole over it to access the motor shaft. There is a cable coming from the side with two spade connectors and another cable running to a small gray box with a Red button on it and the lettering Bachmann controller. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hunt

Terry Toenges

I wonder what the thinking was behind building something so high? Neither train cars nor trucks sit that high for loading purposes. Hand truck or hand carry up and down the stairs? 
If all it houses is a whistle, would it need all that room underneath and not be able to be put in the building?.
Feel like a Mogul.

rm31859

This is exactly what I have minus the building on top. After looking at it again I believe there is indeed an air operated whistle on the base where the building is mounted. Do you know the part number for the building, if it sold separately? Thanks.

rm31859

Never mind about the part #. it is a model 46209 building with a steam whistle. It shows it to be an HO scale piece but, like you, the scale is way off in height. I hooked it up to a power pack and the whistle works so even if I can't get the building by itself I can use it for the whistle. Thanks so much for the help.