News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New 'Annie' paint suggestion

Started by tedyarbrough, November 23, 2017, 07:16:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tedyarbrough

Mr. Bachmann,
See http://ngdiscussion.net/phorum/read.php?1,339976 for photo of what might make a good paint scheme for the 'Annie'. This is sister locomotive to #168 that is currently being restored to operation by the Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad. Either of these road numbers, or both, would be a welcome addition, especially since the #168 is coming back into service and could prove a popular model.
Happy Rails To You,
Ted
P.S.-still waiting and eagerly anticipating 'Annie' repaints with the 'Flying Grande' and 'Moffit Tunnel' heralds!

zubi

Mr Ted, alternatively, you could learn to repaint and apply decals. BTW, 169 looks nothing like ET&NWC #12, but if Bachmann chooses to release it in your preferred liveries, why not! Best wishes from Tokyo, Zubi

tedyarbrough

Zubi,
I have done a few repaints in the past, but I prefer factory paint. Why Bachmann has never done the Flying Grande or the Moffit Tunnel/Scenic Line heralds I can't understand.
Happy Rails To You,
Ted

zubi

Ted, I can understand that, I prefer factory paint too. But not everything is possible and I do have some custom made models. I hope you will get your Flying Rio Grande and Moffat (sic) logo liveries, Zubi

Loco Bill Canelos

Ted,

I strongly agree that your suggested RG paint schemes would be good sellers on the Annie, but  the 168 is a very tiny locomotive so maybe the suggested paint scheme might look better on the Indy.

Keep hoping.

Bill

Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

tedyarbrough

Bill,
I'll gladly take correct Rio Grande (or even better, multiple Rio Grande) factory paint schemes on any Bachmann loco!
Happy Rails To You,
Ted

R. J. Raleigh

D&GRW 168 is a T-12. If you stretched the Annie's frame and boiler behind the steam dome, it would be very convincing.